• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Very true. If the Tahs are paying him they should be able to direct his movements.

But I am a bit unsure why they wouldn’t want him to play in a Club final campaign. Surely that would be a good thing for his development?

Reactions: dru

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
If they are paying him, he can do as he is told, pretty sure he isn't being paid in Brisbane, so he is coming to Sydney to start his professional career

I thought all the non Wallabies were told to go back to clubs to play as soon as Soup finished.

Makes no sense.

Reactions: dru
S

Show-n-go

Saw an article that said he is linking with Southern Districts, guess Souths want to use him straight away

dru

Tim Horan (67)
They still train with the tahs, they just play club

And the Tahs were too niggardly to allow the bloke finals rugby? Seriously?

I actually doubt it, not even the Tahs are that way minded. Something esle I imagine pushing the timing.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Scott Wisemantle set to sign as coach.

Michael Wells in talks with Reds
Jed Holloway in talks with Brumbies
Matt McGahan set to sign with Waratahs

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Dang, Wisemantel should be the next Wallabies attack coach.

Reds need another backrower - but someone with a bit of in tight muscle. Wells is not what they need.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

Wow did not see Holloway wanting to go.
I guess Mason is finished
I thought Wells would go back to sevens

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

great to have Wisemantle involved. Very exciting.

Don't get why the Reds would want Wells. Perhaps to replace Korczyk as a solid squad man. Ahh, he'd be a fine signing to start while Wilson finds his way I guess.

Holloway to the the Brumbies? Why?

Lock:
Blake Enever (2020)
Murray Douglas (2020)
Nick Frost (2021)
Darcy Swain (2022)

Backrow:
Tom Cusack (2021)
Peter Samu (2020)
Rob Valetini (2021)
Lachlan McCaffrey (2020)
Jahrome Brown (2021)

eastman

Colin Windon (37)

Who's recruiting for the 'tahs- what does McGahan provide that someone like Taylor Adams couldn't? He looked very average for the Reds.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Holloway to the the Brumbies? Why?

The only reasons I could think for that move is that possibly Enever is on the outer as he was regularly overlooked this year, and Cusack will be spending time with the Sevens team for the Olympics.........

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Mason was never given a fair crack. I dont think he was good enough, but he should have at least had the chance to show that.
I always assumed he was given plenty of chances at training, and couldn't do the job there. Makes putting him on a super rugby field very difficult for any coach

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Mason was never given a fair crack. I dont think he was good enough, but he should have at least had the chance to show that.
I’ve seen him play quite a few games at SS level.
Played good once v Uni, when there were holes all over the park, when the 3rd grade 10 would have had a picnic.
It’s one thing to make a mistake and recruit him, there’s no need to compound the error and play him.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Dang, Wisemantel should be the next Wallabies attack coach.

Reds need another backrower - but someone with a bit of in tight muscle. Wells is not what they need.

We've got loosies coming out of our ears, we're already going to struggle to keep who we have. Unless there is some serious poaching going on behind the scenes.