• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Just saw this post on West Harbour's Facebook account:
Can't put genie back in the bottle. James O'Connor is officially a #Pirate. More details to come.

It was posted on Facebook around 6pm so it would be after the tweet. It's still "live" when I posted this reply.

https://www.facebook.com/WestHarbourRugby

Unlikely for both Twitter and Facebook accounts to both have been "hacked".

The mind boggles as to the implications of this. WH is my local team so it would be great to have him at the club to raise its profile etc as they haven't had a big name player there since Lote.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Plenty of Uni players are contracted to other Soup Franchises.

Honey Badger is signed to the Hobbits for Shute Shield but plays Force Soup rugby.

Still not convinced that Bieber boy will be playing for the Tahs at any stage.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Surely we had scouts previously or was it just left up to the coaches?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-waratah-talent/story-fni2fylx-1226655473455
1 scout? If he's the chief who are his indians?
There are 160 teams in the first 3 divisions of Subbies alone - i know that's hardly likely to be his regular hunting ground but even uncovering viable talent in that context would be difficult.
Is it just a coincidence that he was photographed watching UNi v Randwick - whens the first roadtrip?
Should anything be read into the fact that "schoolboys" is mentioned but not village clubs??
Still its a start.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
.and I Folau :)
Georgina Robinson is reporting that Folau is likely going back to league - with the Bulldogs.

Somebody told me this morning that Mattie Johns had said on a league show last night that the Bulldogs move was a done deal - and they had to cut a couple of players to make room for him under the salary cap.

If true you heard it here first. third

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Interesting how they are now trying to link Izzy signing with the reappointment of Robbie Deans. Guess Link might be coming home after all :)

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Georgina Robinson is reporting that Folau is likely going back to league - with the Bulldogs.

Somebody told me this morning that Mattie Johns had said on a league show last night that the Bulldogs move was a done deal - and they had to cut a couple of players to make room for him under the salary cap.

If true you heard it here first. third

From Brett Harris in the Aus

A story in a Sydney Sunday newspaper claimed Folau was on the verge of signing with NRL team Canterbury, but a source close to Folau's management told The Australian yesterday he was happy playing rugby and was likely to stay, pending the outcome of negotiations with the ARU.
It is understood Folau has come to an agreement with the NSW Waratahs but is yet to negotiate his ARU top-up.
While discussions are on-going, Folau's management is likely to wait and see how he performs for the Wallabies against the British and Irish Lions before finalising any deal.
It is understood Folau is more likely to stay in rugby if Robbie Deans is reappointed as Test coach.
Translation:
1) Folau's management won't announce any League deal that might impact on his participation in the Lions tour.
2) Furthermore, Folau is extremely loyal to Robbie because he is the guy picking the teams.
What a load of crap.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Well that is a fascinating development. Tahs fans to become (slightly) more indulgent of RD, Reds fans will hate him more rabidly than ever, now all that is required is Nasser saying Quade might have to go to league if RD doesn't go and we can have a whole new round of forum fun.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I hope we don't see the usual antics of a certain player manager being repeated over any IF negotiations, but unfortunately it would seem that the die has been cast that shows that annoyingly squeaky wheels get all the oil.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Thanks vidiot - I didn't see that before.

But this is the season for rumours about player movements isn't it?

I hope he stays and not just because he plays for the Tahs. I think he could be the best player who switched from league and could be great for our game.

Although the young Tuqiri was very good and the rugby union background of Matt Rogers (of Oz Schools) was obvious from Day 1, I don't think that either of them were the rugby union player that Folau is - nor were they as good league players either.

In both codes Folau has had a bigger impact.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Have to say I really liked Matt Rogers, never lost his head, tough player.

Folau is a treat to watch, certainly the closest it seems to me to Lomu for impact and star power and like Lomu a lovely bloke - when you aren't defending against him that is.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Great news. Foley backflipped on the Rebels deal and re-signed with the Tahs.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ed-with-waratahs/story-fnii0ksb-1226657298708

Sounds like Cheika was not too happy letting Foley go and demanded they offer him more money to make him stay.

One source close to the negotiation process said Foley's backflip is the first time in at least a decade a player has backtracked on a signed letter of intent to join another Australian club.

Is that not what Genia did last year?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
You would have thought clubs would have learnt after the Force Fiasco not to announce anything until the contract was signed.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm secretly delighted that Foley is staying. Now we have more luxury when deciding whether or not Beale is worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.