• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So how long is Sarel's contract?

Awful waste of a player of his calibre to be sitting on the wood. I get MCKibbin got elevated because he can kick and has done nothing wrong but Pretorius has gone from being the man in the first couple of rounds to catching a cold. Maybe the Kings will grab him. They will sure need all the help they can get..

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

tumblr_m1ekazTWFt1qg3r6a.jpg

P

Paradox

Yeah it's great to take good players off a province trying to rebuild itself. Pat McCutcheon and Chris Alcock shafted.

This is terrible for Oz Rugby. Who the fvck leaks this stuff anyway?

I can understand if Hooper wants to be closer to his family I guess.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah Paradox, I agree for the sake of Australian rugby I would prefer Hooper to stay at the Brumbies. But in fairness, the Waratahs management are responsible for the development of the Waratahs roster. They don't owe anything to any of the other frnachises, so you can hardly blame them for chasing his signature.

At least this time they have targetted someone who is young, in form and (so far) not injured and is a very good acquisition in terms of their roster.

On the basis of the Ben Mowen test case, maybe the Brumbies should recruit McCutcheon for next year and he will probably have a boomer of a year.

P

Paradox

But in fairness, the Waratahs management are responsible for the development of the Waratahs roster. They don't owe anything to any of the other frnachises, so you can hardly blame them for chasing his signature.

Mate, not unhappy at the Tahs. They can get the entire Wallaby squad if they want and good luck to them. However, that wouldn't be good for Oz rugby would it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah it's great to take good players off a province trying to rebuild itself. Pat McCutcheon and Chris Alcock shafted.

This is terrible for Oz Rugby. Who the fvck leaks this stuff anyway?

I can understand if Hooper wants to be closer to his family I guess.

He wants to come home, depending on whether Palu & Dennis (and I can't see us keeping both, someone is going to throw big money at these guys) re-signing both Alcock and McCutcheon (he covers 6,7 & 8) is on the cards

P

Paradox

Can't fault anyone wanting to go home. I'm not sure Palu will stay in Oz. I really hate the media when they leak this stuff :mad:

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Good news. Presumably they'll try and resign one of McCutcheon and Alcock. With Cutch injured for the year and Alcock playing well, you'd think he'd have a great shot at getting resigned for next year.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
If Lopeti keeps coming on and Palu keeps making mistakes it might be time to move on from the big fella and let the Rebels pay him a ton of money to head south. Eventually you have to make big calls when rebuilding.

That's IF at the top, by the way.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Makes me think it'll be hard to keep Palu or Dennis now. Surley they can't fit them all under the cap? Rebels will throw big money at Dennis.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Mumm is off contract as well, so keeping Dennis (which should be priority) might not be that hard. If Palu stays in Oz I can't see him leaving the Tahs. TPN cooks for him, guys can't take care of himself poor fella, would be hard for him to move on.

Out of Alcock and cutch, based on the injury you would have t let cutch go at this point. It's a gamble, I've never lersonnaly seen enough from him to think he is a great 7 and I'm not sure he covers anywhere else as effectively as others.

Status
Not open for further replies.