• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
so we have Hanson, Carter, Dennis and Horwill !

who else is going home, two of the surplus and superfluous wingers ?

:)

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
I'd bring in Hanson and Jones.

Have they announced replacements yet or are Horwill/Dennis just guesses?

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Really?

You'd have to assume that neither will get on the field unless there are further injuries.

Regardless of opinions of him, Skelton was in our matchday 23.

Yeah I assume they are in the 24-31 bracket. But Hanson's inclusion rectifies a potentially devastating selection error. Carter gives us an alternate if the lineout deteriorates any further. And now that McMahon is a good chance of being included on the bench, Skelton wasn't an option anymore. Similarly Palu had played his last game in the 23, finding himself behind McMahon and McCalman in the pecking order for one bench spot.

Usually losing guys to injury can only be a net loss. It doesn't appear the case here. If anything the squad is better balanced for it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There has to be more to the inclusion of Hanson unless Cheika thinks he made a mistake bringing only 2 hookers: is either carry an injury - as Palu was - which might end his tournament?
I too think there is no loss and there may be some gain in the subs: whenever Skelton is on you are down a jumper.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
There has to be more to the inclusion of Hanson unless Cheika thinks he made a mistake bringing only 2 hookers: is either carry an injury - as Palu was - which might end his tournament?
I too think there is no loss and there may be some gain in the subs: whenever Skelton is on you are down a jumper.
It's just that there is no need for the two complete teams now that the first 2 pool games are done and dusted. The common school of thought was that Hanson would be called up after these games to replace the first injury that wasn't a prop or a halfback.

The squad will now revert to the more conventional structure as injuries occur

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.