• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Nah. Poey is just injured, Eales is in a retirement home (Rugby HQ). Now, Dan Palmer - there's a different proposition.

I'm not going to bother with a team yet as it's to far out, all I've suggested is form 3 years ago is a long bow to select a player above a player whose had great form over 2 years and is now Aust Capt.

Both players at there very best;
I see Poey as a better defender, and good over the ball.
I see Hooper as a better attacker and a good defender and good over the ball.
Hoping we are attacking and playing to win.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I'm not going to bother with a team yet as it's to far out, all I've suggested is form 3 years ago is a long bow to select a player above a player whose had great form over 2 years and is now Aust Capt.

Both players at there very best;
I see Poey as a better defender, and good over the ball.
I see Hooper as a better attacker and a good defender and good over the ball.
Hoping we are attacking and playing to win.
Dave pretty sure his a Manly boy right ;) must help ..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Dave pretty sure his a Manly boy right ;) must help ..

And so good to hear that from a Brumby ;).

No I'm waiting for next year and I'm happy for form to decide, but I gee both at their peak hard

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
And so good to hear that from a Brumby ;).

No I'm waiting for next year and I'm happy for form to decide, but I gee both at their peak hard
I actually said Hooper probably end up a better player the Poey, but then he became a dirty Tah.. ;)

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Re Dan Palmer, everyone seems to think that he was going to be the saviour of the Australian scrum.
Um.
Has anyone seen him actually do anything worthy of that title. He isn't getting game time in France.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Nah, yer all too harsh on the bloke. The G&GR selectors'd have him in gold in the blink of an eye.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Re Dan Palmer, everyone seems to think that he was going to be the saviour of the Australian scrum.
Um.
Has anyone seen him actually do anything worthy of that title. He isn't getting game time in France.
Retired.. Hurt the whole time :) gone to uni

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Just as players shouldn't be included on the strength of one or two games, others should not be discounted for a poor one or two games, but last night I had confirmed for me in the Force/Blues game that neither Matt Hodgson nor Ben McCalman are test match quality players. Surely, any suggestions Hodgson should replace Hooper, or be preferred to Gill or a fit Pocock, have been well and truly put to bed. Not much competition at No8 atm but Ben just doesn't have the impact in his game to be a threat to the ABs or Saffas. Higgers is sorely out of form and apart from Palu there are no other 8s playing consistently. Shaping up as a real problem for the Wallabies later in the year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just as players shouldn't be included on the strength of one or two games, others should not be discounted for a poor one or two games, but last night I had confirmed for me in the Force/Blues game that neither Matt Hodgson nor Ben McCalman are test match quality players. Surely, any suggestions Hodgson should replace Hooper, or be preferred to Gill or a fit Pocock, have been well and truly put to bed. Not much competition at No8 atm but Ben just doesn't have the impact in his game to be a threat to the ABs or Saffas. Higgers is sorely out of form and apart from Palu there are no other 8s playing consistently. Shaping up as a real problem for the Wallabies later in the year.
So you say that players shouldn't be discounted based on 1 or 2 games yet you have written off Hodgo and Ben Mac based on last nights game ignoring the rest of the season.......riiiight.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not just that but you discredited McCalman whilst saying Higgers isn't the replacement, who is?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Not just that but you discredited McCalman whilst saying Higgers isn't the replacement, who is?

No. Check out my posts if you are so inclined, but I have consistently claimed on the evidence of matches over many years that Ben McC doesn't have the impact needed at test level, and have never been a supporter of the notion that Matt Hodgson is a better 7 than Hooper, Gill or Pocock. These are long held opinions based on my observations of their play over years, not just one game. I said above that imo last night's game just confirmed my long-held opinions.

Replacement No 8s? That's a hard one. No-one stands out atm, but come RWC I would hope that Cottrell is given a chance to show what he can do, while with development either Jones or Skelton maybe options. Wonder how Tala Gray is coming along?

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Come RWC 2015, here's what I think would be our optimum back line would look like, if injuries and return to form permits.
9. Genia - In form, potentially best scrum half in the world.
10. Cooper - IMO offers more variety than Foley does and his EOYT combinations worked wonders.
11. JOC (James O'Connor) - So much natural talent to be ignored, proven to be a game breaker but only if he stops being such a shit.
12. To'omua - His dip in form during the June Internationals is worrying, but I'd like to think that was something to do with playing outside of Foley instead of Cooper.
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - Consistently been one of the Wallabies best for years and been carving it up at outside for the Waratahs. He deserves a crack at his preferred position.
14. Speight - Unproven at International level, but considering his dominance over other wingers (who have played internationally) he should be there.
15. Folau - :)

***I know that this is probably a bit of an idealistic backline and there are a lot of conditionals in there, but I have a dream.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If you want proof that someone isn't a Test player, look no further than Higginbotham. Bad attitude, irresponsible even. Should not be anywhere near a 32 man squad

Status
Not open for further replies.