• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kuridrani is due back this week or the next I think, which is timely for the Brums.

A couple of pages back someone suggested that the lineout was not a big issue for them. It should be as our scrum has been a glowing weakness for some time now and it's unlikely that it will be more than serviceable come the RWC. We need reliable set piece ball and we have the potential to have an excellent lineout to supply it.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think the way Mike Harris is playing he is a good chance of being on the plane to England..it's difficult to find a spot for him in the strongest 23 but he's got plenty of test experience, can adapt to a range of positions and can kick..the quintessential tourist!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I think the way Mike Harris is playing he is a good chance of being on the plane to England..it's difficult to find a spot for him in the strongest 23 but he's got plenty of test experience, can adapt to a range of positions and can kick..the quintessential tourist!

A typical dirt-tracker, you mean. No need for them these days.

T

TOCC

Mike Harris will make a good squad member if the Wallabies lose a couple of of key inside backs.. That is, To'omua, Lealifano, Foley, Beale or Cooper. If all those players are fit then Harris can resign himself to playing in the NRC..

Harris is another Brock James player for me, he would be an absolute superstar in the Top14..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Mike Harris will make a good squad member if the Wallabies lose a couple of of key inside backs.. That is, To'omua, Lealifano, Foley, Beale or Cooper. If all those players are fit then Harris can resign himself to playing in the NRC..

Harris is another Brock James player for me, he would be an absolute superstar in the Top14..

I said this earlier but Harris is better than Lealifano and I think for the last couple of seasons. Lilo just seems to be off the pace for some reason. Harris hasn't had a bad game for the Wallabies that I can remember but I can certainly remember some bad ones from Lealifano.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think he has been under performing compared to his 2013 form. Harris has more points on FOX fantasy so that must mean he is a better player this year. ;)

T

TOCC

I think he has been under performing compared to his 2013 form. Harris has more points on FOX fantasy so that must mean he is a better player this year. ;)

I tend to agree, Harris has been playing very well in 2015... But, Lealifano has had a bit more exposure in the Wallaby camp in recent seasons and also plays under the new Wallaby attacking coach, both of which will weigh against Lealifano at the selection table.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Love these Foxsports articles (yes, that is sarcasm). Been a few lately, possibly the same author with an agenda and a case of man love for Gits.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...as-based-players/story-e6frf55l-1227313364910

THE FINAL “NO RESTRICTIONS” XV

1. James Slipper
2 Stephen Moore (c)
3 Sekope Kepu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Will Skelton
6. Ben Mowen
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben McCalman
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Digby Ioane,
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. James O’Connor
15. Israel Folau

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah the Digby selection is confounding.

But no more than JOC (James O'Connor) ahead of Speight.

Surprised Brock James wasn't at 10.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Love these Foxsports articles (yes, that is sarcasm). Been a few lately, possibly the same author with an agenda and a case of man love for Gits.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...as-based-players/story-e6frf55l-1227313364910

THE FINAL “NO RESTRICTIONS” XV

1. James Slipper
2 Stephen Moore (c)
3 Sekope Kepu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Will Skelton
6. Ben Mowen
7. Michael Hooper
8. Ben McCalman
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Digby Ioane,
12. Matt Giteau
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. James O’Connor
15. Israel Folau

I feel a bit dumber after reading that article. Does this bloke actually know anything about the game?

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Some timely performances from some of the Reds players. Simo showed his class, Genia looked good and JOC (James O'Connor) really stood out. Even Horwill should be back in the selection discussion. He was great in all facets of the game I thought.

However the one guy I'm hoping Cheika noticed in this game was Holmes. He and slipper absolutely dominated in the scrums in the first half, despite giving up some weight to the cheetahs tight 5.for the record I thought PAE was also quality for the rebels. Nice to see some THPs putting up their hands

The South African commentators were full of praise for the Reds scrum which is something you don't see too often (their praising overseas scrummagers).
From watching the game I do see Greg Holmes as a bolter for the bench.
I think Cheika knows he has to have props who don't go backwards, especially against England. His scrummaging has been absolutely 1st class since coming back from injury, and he does have international experience.
I think the injury breaks have done him a world of good.

Status
Not open for further replies.