• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Kane Douglas
5. Hugh McMeniman
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Bernard Foley
11. Alfi Mafi
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Kane Douglas
5. Hugh McMeniman
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Bernard Foley
11. Alfi Mafi
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg
This is on season form not weekend form yes?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Kane Douglas
5. Hugh McMeniman
6. Peter Kimlin
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Will Genia
10. Bernard Foley
11. Alfi Mafi
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg
Kimlin could not possibly be in the frame on what I saw last night.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Kane Douglas
5. Hugh McMeniman
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Alfi Mafi
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Winston Stanley
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

Edit: Stanley over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), two good weeks doesn't beat six.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
MMM a bit slow for 6. It is why the Kev at 6 theory has been scrapped and Kev has a bit more pace than Hugh.

Got to get him in the 22 though.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Kane Douglas
5. Hugh McMeniman
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Alfi Mafi
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Winston Stanley
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

I liked the look of Stanley today - I assumed he was NZ eligible but see he is an Aussie.
No way is he ahead of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Paddy Ryan
4. Kane Douglas
5. Hugh McMeniman
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Liam Gill
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Alfi Mafi
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Winston Stanley
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

Stanley? You gotta be kidding me. Taking AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)-hate to a whole new level there.

I would also argue that Benn Robinson is getting very close to being the form loosehead.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't feel comfortable with the term "genius" being used to describe Quade Cooper...
Let's just say he's a talented, but flawed rugby player and leave it at that...

I am comfortable with the term, 'flawed genius'. He's not a genius all the time, but neither is he flawed all of the time. But I don't care who you are, some of the stuff he pulls off is genius. But meh, it's all probably semantics in the end.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Im not settled on a test 23 yet but I'd probably look at combinations as much as form with such a short lead up to a vital test.

1. Robinson
2. Moore
4. Horwill (c)
5. MMM
7. Gill
8. Mowen
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Tapuai
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
16. Hanson or TPN
18. Douglas
19. Hooper
20. White

Still so Many spots up for grabs and a week ago I would never have picked quade cooper but watching him and genia together and with Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) not really doing much Ill back him to reach the heights of 2011 again.

P

Paradox

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. MMM
5. Horwill
6. Mowen
7. Smith (assuming eligible, if not insert Hooper as he's the incumbent and hasn't been bad.
Gill would make a worthy selection as well of course. )
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper (he still needs to justify his selection otherwise JOC (James O'Connor))
11. Ioane
12. Lilo
14. Mitchell
15. JOC (James O'Connor)

We need 2 kicking options in our back 3 hence JOC (James O'Connor) and Mitchell.

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Kimlin
19. Auelua
20. White
21. Barnes
22. Tomane/Folau

I refuse to carry more than one openside in my 22 :)

P

Paradox

Kimlin could not possibly be in the frame on what I saw last night.
I think he's been exceptional this year other than a few dropped balls and brain farts. He was the most effective ball carrier for the Brumbies against the Bulls and always hit rucks. He's one of the main reasons the Brumbies pack has been pretty good. His stats are quite impressive and he doesn't shirk the hard stuff. Other than Mowen for the Brumbies, he's the only player who's played each game and has played nearly every minute (11 mins of non-game time). A lot of posters have been raving about MMM but Kimlin's stats are a LOT better than his (I rate MMM as well and selected him at lock in my OZ side).

Aside from than Moore and Mowen (and Smith recently), noone seems to rate the Brumbies forwards. Fine by me :)

Batman

Bob McCowan (2)
1. B. Alexander
2. S. Moore
3. B. Robinson
4. H. Pyle
5. R. Simmons
6. F. Auelua
7. M. Hooper
8. B. Mowen
9. W. Genia
10. C.
Lealiifano

11. D. Ione
12. J. O'Connor
13. A. Ashley-Cooper
14. H. Speight
15. J. Mogg

16. T.
Polota-Nau

17. D. Palmer
18. S.
Higginbotham
19. L. Gill
20. W. Palu
21. N. White
22. C. Rathbone

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Oh come on. Robinson plays loosehead not tighthead. And while we're on props, Alexander has regularly been shown up as an amazingly average tightead. Pyle and Simmons is too lightweight a locking combo. The frontrunners at the moment would be Horwill, Douglas, MMM and Timani - probably in that order. Timani because Deans loves him, not because of any real form concerns. Has Auelua ever played 6 at Soup level? Lilo hasn't played ten this year and that doesn't look likely to change, likewise O'Connor at 12. Speight is ineligible. You've got no lock cover on the bench and do you really think Rathbone is the best utility back cover?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
The more I watch of Timani the more I feel let down. Given the form he showed against Wales last year I feel he should have much more impact in super rugby. His off-ball work is atrocious. Anyone got stats on Timani compared to the other Tahs forwards? I'd be interested to see if this is just my impression of him or if I'm justified.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Didn't manage to see the Tahs v Force game, but caught the other 3 Oz teams' games this weekend and the players that stood out for me were:
O'Connor
Mowen
To'omua
Genia
Gill
Cooper
Taps
Sio
Palmer
Alexander

Two players that did not perform well from my view are Phipps and Slipper. Slipper was beaten at scrum time and Phipp was just shit.

my team as of today would be:

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Palmer (his general play seems to be improving)
4. Horwill
5. Douglas
6. Mowen
7. Gill
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper (hate to say it but if he plays like he did this weekend for the rest of the season I think he's our best option).
11.Ioane
12. Taps
14. O'Connor
15. Mogg

16. TPN
17. Alexander
18. Slipper
19. MMM
20. Hooper
21. White
22. Lilo / Beale
23. Mitchell / Folau

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Oh come on. Robinson plays loosehead not tighthead. And while we're on props, Alexander has regularly been shown up as an amazingly average tightead. Pyle and Simmons is too lightweight a locking combo. The frontrunners at the moment would be Horwill, Douglas, MMM and Timani - probably in that order. Timani because Deans loves him, not because of any real form concerns. Has Auelua ever played 6 at Soup level? Lilo hasn't played ten this year and that doesn't look likely to change, likewise O'Connor at 12. Speight is ineligible. You've got no lock cover on the bench and do you really think Rathbone is the best utility back cover?

Having Auelua at #6 would be a pretty fantastic foil to Gill at #7 (even more so with Pocock, looking down the line) as he would allow Gill to focus more on linking and pilfering than carrying and tackling. It would also allow us to insert a #8 into that mix based upon what we want to do. We could put Palu or Samo at #8 if we want to plain old beat the life out of a team or a player like Higgers at #8 if you wanted to run them around the park or maybe exploit a weakness they have defending outside channels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.