• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies vs Scotland - 5 June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I still don't understand how all game you scrum hold up then just in front of the post to win the game it goes down go figure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Very disappointing game, but well played the Scots. Deserved their win. I did think Palmer was good though - both in the scrum and his work rate. Given our problems in the front row that was at least something to take out of the game.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I agree that it was Waratahesque. At least now we know that it's not just the Tahs that can butcher a perfectly winnable game.

I thought both Morahan and Harris were ordinary. We could have used McCabe and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

We could have used Bobo the fucking clown and Rin Tin Tin, for all that I think McCabe is great it would have been tough to be any different the way 9/10 were working.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Early in the game I thought Barnes was playing well, holding the ball a bit more instead of throwing a pass because of the conditions. But then in the 2nd half this seemed to be his disadvantage. A couple of times you could see the Wallabies obviously had some sort of overlap happening and Barnes takes it to the line and dummies or in some cases just seemed to run at the line with no intention of doing anything. I'll watch the replay but i'd say his pass to run ratio would have been 1:3 which really hurt us. Yes the conditions were bad but I guess thats what happens when you put an under performing flyhalf at Super Rugby level in charge of running the national team, he may not have been confident enough to throw the pass.

Will be interesting to see with the next game being played in Brissy if QC (Quade Cooper) rejoin the Wallabies camp.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What did Harris do wrong? I doubt he even got the ball in attack and he had no issue in defence.
Well, he kicked it dead, but that's not a deal breaker. Forwards looked good, backs disjointed on the few occasions they got it. Barnes seemed to have no-one ready to go when he got it. I'm sure many will blame him, but maybe his runners were not helping him out?
Hard to judge the backs, not a backs game.
We needed cooler heads in attack - we had good position, but slow ball a few times, and then Genia went wide, when we needed to set it again and grind on. When the pick and go was fast, so much better, but we never attacked off it.
Never a game to be expansive, but we should have taken that game.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Is it really hard for a group of our best players to hit the ball with pace instead of being flat footed off a one off ball from the ruck?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Haven't read every comment on here yet but surely Will Genia gets Worst of the Match. Not once - ONCE! - did he try to create quick ball. The ball was sitting there, getting wet, and he was looking around and around like an idiot.

Me and Bob Dwyer were screaming at our TVs (I'm fairly sure).

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Just been following commentary online, so haven't seen the scrum, but this screams of another guess by the referee. Why would a team infringe in the set piece at the death knowing they will lose the game if caught? Surely the much much better percentage option is to give easy scrum ball to Scotland and trust your defence?
Why make a comment like that if you haven't seen the game? That screams of looking for reasons to criticise the ref. The Scots dominated the last couple of scrums and were trying to march forward to get into drop goal territory. Wallaby scrum faltered and deserved penalty given...as Kafe mentioned in the commentary.

You have to wonder why a prop like Alexander was brought on in conditions like that. Great mobility for a prop, but certainly not what was required in those conditions!

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I thought Murray bored in on the last scrum, and the second last wheeled.

I thought the breakdown wasn't policed at all.

Barnes was terrible. The centres didn't get any ball all night. Kicks were terrible. He's not dangerous.

Was Hooper weak on the scrum? Looks like he adds no force.

The scots used the exact same game plan they did 3 years ago, and deserved the win.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Haven't read every comment on here yet but surely Will Genia gets Worst of the Match. Not once - ONCE! - did he try to create quick ball. The ball was sitting there, getting wet, and he was looking around and around like an idiot.

Me and Bob Dwyer were screaming at our TVs (I'm fairly sure).
I thought you didn't have a TV?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Well, he kicked it dead, but that's not a deal breaker. Forwards looked good, backs disjointed on the few occasions they got it. Barnes seemed to have no-one ready to go when he got it. I'm sure many will blame him, but maybe his runners were not helping him out?
Hard to judge the backs, not a backs game.
We needed cooler heads in attack - we had good position, but slow ball a few times, and then Genia went wide, when we needed to set it again and grind on. When the pick and go was fast, so much better, but we never attacked off it.
Never a game to be expansive, but we should have taken that game.

Freaky kick with a freaky bounce that one!

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Some crucial match official mistakes had a big bearing on this game - 2nd last scrum was wheeled - should have been Wallabies ball.

Scotland's 1st or 2nd penalty was after the player had clearly gone into touch to get the ball back.

Big influence on a game that had less points in it due to the driving rain.

Ref could just as easily pinged Wallabies.

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Wales are 3 times as good as Scotland.......FFS why do we drop to every team's level instead of playing our own game...whatever that is.
That has ruined my week and its tues so I cant get on it to numb out the pain.
FU Wallabies

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Anyone watch the Munster game last year in he wee small hours?

Very poor conditions then.

Was it as bad then as it was tonight?

Are our lot unable to play in anything other than fine weather and calm conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.