• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
My team would be:

1 - Slipper (c)
2 - Faessler
3 - TT
4 - Frost
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - Hooper
8 - Wilson
9 - Gordon
10 - Lolesio
11 - Marika
12 - Paisami
13 - Ikitau
14 - Kellaway
15 - Wright

16 - Pollard
17 - Kailea
18 - AA
19 - Williams
20 - Leota
21 - McDermott
22 - Donaldson
23 - Daungunu

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
My team would be:

1 - Slipper (c)
2 - Faessler
3 - TT
4 - Frost
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - Hooper
8 - Wilson
9 - Gordon
10 - Lolesio
11 - Marika
12 - Paisami
13 - Ikitau
14 - Kellaway
15 - Wright

16 - Pollard
17 - Kailea
18 - AA
19 - Williams
20 - Leota
21 - McDermott
22 - Donaldson
23 - Daungunu
I would start Uru in 7 and have Hooper on the bench in place of Williams. I'm not sure that Leota is fit to play yet, Anybody know? If out, then Williams in his place on the bench.

tighthead show and go

Bob McCowan (2)
Forgive my ignorance but hopefully somebody here knows. What's with the kickoff time for this test match?

2.30pm is peak community rugby time. Few big schools matches on kicking off 2.15 next Saturday so some unfortunate (and seemingly unneeded?) clashes.

CasualObserver

Chris McKivat (8)
Forgive my ignorance but hopefully somebody here knows. What's with the kickoff time for this test match?

2.30pm is peak community rugby time. Few big schools matches on kicking off 2.15 next Saturday so some unfortunate (and seemingly unneeded?) clashes.

I wouldn't have thought 6am is prime time viewing time in SA.

rugbyAU

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

2.30pm

And yes it sucks - the AAGPS 1st XV games kick off at 3.15pm

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)

Our broadcast partners Stan and Nine have a slightly larger world event currently underway that they don't want the rugby to clash with on Saturday night (as well as the NRL, which also rules out Fri and Sun evenings and Sat arvo)

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
QPR fixtures have also been brought forward where possible at the request of QRU, but school comps were unwilling/unable to do so

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Our broadcast partners Stan and Nine have a slightly larger world event currently underway that they don't want the rugby to clash with on Saturday night (as well as the NRL, which also rules out Fri and Sun evenings and Sat arvo)
Explains it Strewth, I was wondering why when mate said it a 2.30 kick off. Suits me over here obviously 4.30 NZT and lead so no late night after AB/Puma's test.

I am just slightly disappointed as I thought they were doing ot for my convenience, but seems I not as important as I thought huh?:confused:

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would start Uru in 7 and have Hooper on the bench in place of Williams. I'm not sure that Leota is fit to play yet, Anybody know? If out, then Williams in his place on the bench.
We are going to need some big boys to handle the Boks for the full 80. Start LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Williams with Frost on the bench. Not sure who starts at 7 but Uru on the bench to come on with Frost might work.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
QPR fixtures have also been brought forward where possible at the request of QRU, but school comps were unwilling/unable to do so
Looks like it's already just about sold out (unless I'm doing the tickets wrong), which is an interesting situation given the clashes.

TV ratings will be lower than they could be, but given this is all at the broadcasters request, they get what they get

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
We are going to need some big boys to handle the Boks for the full 80. Start LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Williams with Frost on the bench. Not sure who starts at 7 but Uru on the bench to come on with Frost might work.
According to RA data :

Williams 23yo, 195cm and 111kg;

Frost 24yo, 206cm, 120kg.

Which is the bigger body?

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I won’t be surprised if Blyth gets the bench spot for his size. Frost and Salakai-Loto would be our biggest two locks, wouldn’t they and also give us athleticism and physical presence. Both have to work on their accuracy but they seem the most likely starting pair to me.

They have all the qualities you would want from a top level test locking pair - but do need to be near the top of their capabilities far more often.

Homer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Blythe to start and take the sting out and Frost off the bench with his speed when the game opens up. His length of the field support when Mcreight made the break sealed that try.
If we are going to try and run them around then Tizzano is the man to go at 7, can be a real nuisance at the breakdown and covers more ground, huge engine.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Blythe to start and take the sting out and Frost off the bench with his speed when the game opens up. His length of the field support when Mcreight made the break sealed that try.
If we are going to try and run them around then Tizzano is the man to go at 7, can be a real nuisance at the breakdown and covers more ground, huge engine.
Dunno how much the game will open up with 7 fresh Bokke forwards coming off the bench...

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
Wouldn't surprise me if Schmidt and co use both tests against the boks to see who the number 2 openside is before McReight comes back. ie Reimer starts this game and Tizzano starts in Perth. I'm also backing Williams at 6 with Valetini at 8 and Wilson on the bench.