• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Georgia 20 July - Allianz Stadium 3.45PM

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
To plays devils advocate. I think that’s a pretty fair ruling, Georgia lost a player to HIA as a result of action that wasn’t really necessary and fairly dangerous in execution.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Charging a ball down is unnecessary and dangerous?
Execution of that certainly was, otherwise Georgia wouldn’t have lost a player to HIA

Im ok with more protection for kickers, just like the Welsh player last night diving at the legs of JOC (James O'Connor)

whitefalcon

Dave Cowper (27)
To plays devils advocate. I think that’s a pretty fair ruling, Georgia lost a player to HIA as a result of action that wasn’t really necessary and fairly dangerous in execution.
Completely unfortunate and truly ugly but we shouldn't be penalizing base on the effect on the player.

Honestly I don't think it should have even been a penalty.

Would it have been a card if the player got straight back up? No.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
He partially charged it down though, so timing couldn't have been that bad. It's rugby, clashes within the game happen. Not everything is illegal
Nah..Not timing, it technique that was the issue. Turning and leading into kicker with raised knee and hip isn’t good for anyone. Just like diving at the legs of a kicker should be penalised more.

Tomthumb

Alan Cameron (40)
Nah..Not timing, it technique that was the issue. Turning and leading into kicker with raised knee and hip isn’t good for anyone. Just like diving at the legs of a kicker should be penalised more.
So if he hadn’t turned, and the Georgian still ended up hurt, is it a penalty?