• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 21st October, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Kuridrani has had some piss poor Super Rugby form at times.... but I can't remember the last bad game he had in gold - he's a solid test player.

He had a bit of a shocker in one of the mid year tests (Fiji or Scotland I think), looked really slow off the mark - though I wonder whether if he may have been carrying an injury?

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
They've released more tickets for the game this weekend.......trying to twist some arms to go with me now hahaha

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
He had a bit of a shocker in one of the mid year tests (Fiji or Scotland I think), looked really slow off the mark - though I wonder whether if he may have been carrying an injury?
I think he does the shit work his defence is top notch.. But since Gits and Beale returned at 12 his been made too do a lot more defence. Before that he had To'omua inside and I thought his attacking game was better..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I think he does the shit work his defence is top notch.. But since Gits and Beale returned at 12 his been made too do a lot more defence. Before that he had To'omua inside and I thought his attacking game was better..

Gits is an excellent defender. If anything he spent half the World Cup covering up other people’s misses.

Edit: it’s no coincidence that Greys defence system has become a lot more porous without Giteau providing cover.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Gits is an excellent defender. If anything he spent half the World Cup covering up other people’s misses.
Yeah but wasn't a dominant defender, so seemed too leave TK too do more of the heavy lifting

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
when players inside you are weak defenders, you have to tackle more, he used to have around 90% tackle rate, a bit less now since Beale came back but still good, sadly there is no better defensively good centre or winger that can replace him for now. Khnt possibly is the closest defensively, if Chieka can get KHunt to 12, TK to 13 (beale to 10 or 15), i think he will be able to attack more.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Beaugan predictably not being risked, other than that it's the strongest team available:

15 Damian McKenzie, 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Ryan Crotty, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Rieko Ioane, 10 Lima Sopoaga, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Sam Cane, 6 Liam Squire, 5 Scott Barrett, 4 Samuel Whitelock, 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Dane Coles, 1 Kane Hames. Replacements: 16 Codie Taylor, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 19 Patrick Tuipulotu, 20 Matt Todd, 21 TJ Perenara, 22 Anton Lienert-Brown, 23 David Havili

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Edit: it’s no coincidence that Greys defence system has become a lot more porous without Giteau providing cover.

Giteau was a very good tackler, in the traditional sense. Going low and making sure the tackled player fell to ground. But he was out of place when facing larger players who inevitably were able to off load in his tackles.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Williams has been flat in the tests this year which continues to feed the theory that Barrett stifles him. It will be interesting to see, then, how he goes with Sopoaga at first five. In saying that, I'd have still preferred the Crotty/Lienert-Brown midfield.

Also, where the f*ck is Kaino at?

EDIT: As for Mounga, with Barrett's immediate playing chances unclear, this is clearly a case of national rugby security. Best not risk him in a provincial match.....

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Giteau was a very good tackler, in the traditional sense. Going low and making sure the tackled player fell to ground. But he was out of place when facing larger players who inevitably were able to off load in his tackles.
We’re going to have to agree to disagree on Giteau’s value as a defender, but there was far more to Giteau as a defender than his technique. IMO he carried others far more than he was ever carried. I would be interested if anyone knows what TKs thoughts were on defending outside him - I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t extremely happy.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
We’re going to have to agree to disagree on Giteau’s value as a defender, but there was far more to Giteau as a defender than his technique. IMO he carried others far more than he was ever carried. I would be interested if anyone knows what TKs thoughts were on defending outside him - I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t extremely happy.

I agree, he had ticker, positioning and technique. What more do you want? Not every rugby player has to be a steroid munching man mountain.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Why do Australia always release their team second?

It's probably more that the ABs always release their team first thing in the morning and we always release ours at lunchtime. Bearing in mind that they are 2 hours ahead of us as well. I don't think there's anything conniving or attempts at mind games to it.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Team is up on The Australian, before the Wallabies FB page or rugby.com.au

d626b5646e0acbedf1df142fb2baf9c4.jpg
e64ca0ad057ada955ed96ce37c9bdfff.jpg

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
We are going to get belted. I don't think we can front up physically with that pack. AB backline is lethal plus Squire and Read slotting in out wide.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Comparing to the team for Bled 1
The 23 is almost the same - just Tui in for Arnold and Koroibete in for Rona

Starting XV changes

TPN in for Moore
AAA in for Kepu
Simmons in for Arnold
Dempsey in for Hanigan
Hodge in for Rona
Kurindrani for Kerevi
Koroibete in for Speight