• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies: Latest Injuries and selection for Test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I dont want to see Smith replace Gill..no match fitness means he should be no chance barring injuries.

I agree Tigerland I don't want any forwards from last night replaced I thought we won the battle up front & there was no injuries.
No need to bring in a rusty Smith when we have a fresh & ready Gill.

Don't fix what isn't broke. The backline is broke & is it any surprise that two injurie prone players who have just come back from injury are re-injured? Deans has learnt nothing from RWC 2011 about carrying injured players.

P

Paradox

Smith won't be rusty. He'll hit the ground running. Always has.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why drop Gill or Hooper? Head to head it's not like Smith outplayed Hooper or Gill when they last met in Super Rugby.
I see no point in Smith walking into the test 23.

P

Paradox

Why drop Gill or Hooper? Head to head it's not like Smith outplayed Hooper or Gill when they last met in Super Rugby.
I think you'll find he did. He was best on field until he left busted against the Tahs. Also had a far more complete game against QLD than Gill did for QLD. Review the stats.
Smith produced a powerhouse performance against the Waratahs, and was best on field until his untimely medial ligament injury in the 60th minute, which could see him sidelined for six-to-eight weeks, potentially ending his comeback Super Rugby stint with the Brumbies.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ng-a-knee-injury/story-fn8t8ah6-1226645993363

I see no point in Smith walking into the test 23.

I do, I want to win the series.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Smith and Kimlin on the bench as the non front row forwards reserves makes a lot of sense and both can impact a game.
Maybe Smith can play 10 at a pinch?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
We didn't lose the 1st test because of our forward pack. Smith has only resumed running this week it would be crazy to play him in Melbourne.

His stats as an openside should be better considering the Tahs & Reds played all the rugby & the Brumbies just played kick & defend.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Horne is very underrated in attack. He runs great lines and has a good pass, plus he is surprisingly quick. Every time he's been knocked for been an attacking liability he's been in a team not known for throwing the ball around. Plus, he's a 13, not a 12. As everyone knows they are sometimes interchangeable but not in his case.

Horne was a 12 when a schoolboy. Tahs converted him to 13 to fill their gap there at the time. I reckon Horne is a more natural 12 than 13, and it better suited at 12.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
He's been good at 12 for the Tahs this year. God I hope AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is right for next week because 13 is a huge problem for us.

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
I loved the forwards this weekend. They did great.

Here's the backline I hope to see next week:

9- Genia
10-Beale
11- JOC (James O'Connor)
12-Lilo (possibly JOC (James O'Connor) if lilo's not fit)
13-AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) (Cummins if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not fit)
14- Cummins (Tomane if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not fit)
15-Folau (just needs more ball)

Doubt deans will do that. Mogg for bench?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
We'll need to wait to hear the final injuries before guessing what Deans will do.

I'd bet that, if all are fit, the only change from Deans would be Beale for Barnes.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Horwill free to play this week!
Thank fuck. We have enough changes to contend with.

My only forward change would be MMM to the bench in place of Simmons. If Smith was parachuted in I could accept it, but I hope it doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.