• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Prop (4): Robinson, Slipper, Alexander, Palmer
Hooker (2): Moore, TPN Hanson
Lock (4): Horwill, Douglas, Simmons, MMM
Openside (2): Smith, Hooper Gill
6/8 (3): Palu, Higginbotham, Mowen
Scrumhalf (2): Genia, White
Flyhalf (2): Cooper, To'omua, Barnes
Centre (3): AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Lealiilfano, Horne
Wing (2): Ioane, JOC (James O'Connor)
Fullback (1): Folau

This squad presumes Smith is out injured, if he isn't, Gill misses out.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If McCabe gets picked over Horne at IC, well, it'd be criminal. Rob's just the sort of hard bastard we need to counter these BIL behemoths.

The Big Code

Bob McCowan (2)
The Squad I would pick:

Front row: Robinson, Slipper, Palmer, Alexander, Moore, Hanson
Locks: Horwill, Douglas, Simmons
Backrow: Mowen, Gill, Higginbotm, Palu, Hooper
Halbacks: Genia, White
Fly-half: Cooper
Centres: Lealiifano, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Horne, Barnes
Wings: Ioane, Folau
Fullback: JOC (James O'Connor), Mogg

The extras coming in would be (at this stage) Madness McMeniman, Big Fotu, Tomane and the Fainga'a twins (reluctant, but both have experience and are dependable) and Kepu I guess.

But this won't be the squad, because it doesn't include McCabe, Timani or Dennis.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I feel like the Reds and Brumbies will be less affected by this 25 man squad than people think. Last night, a lot of Tahs forwards showed why they are going to be picked, while the backs showed why they should be picked instead of the alternatives. A couple of Rebels will be certainties now (Pyle, Higgenbotham, Phipps, O'Connor) while a few of the Force are on the cards, with none of them certain. Tahs should be planning on using their second-squad forwards for a couple of weeks as they'll be losing a few (Robinson, Kepu, Ryan, Douglas, Timani, Dennis, Hooper, Palu, Horne, Ashley-Cooper, Mitchell, Folau, Barnes). There are some Reds who are a certain pick (Horwill, Gill, Genia, Ioane), and the Brumbies are similar (Moore, Mowen, White, Lealiifano, Mogg).

The last five spots will definitely include a prop and hooker, but otherwise Deans would be free to pick as he wanted - He could pick Radike Samo for all we know and it wouldn't really affect his setup.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
As much as I wish Hugh Pyle will be a certainty, there is no way Deans is going to select him. Althought I would be definatly picking him in my squad (along with Horwill & Simmons, Douglas in the 6-man).

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Chances are there will be an immediate release on some sites, Fox Sports is a good one but there is also rugby.com.au.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
T-minus 1.5 hours until the squad is announced.

Just before the howls of complaint/happiness/derision/whatever in 1.5 hours - please try to keep it calm and not personal.

We already know that Cooper is likely to be omitted, for instance, and everyone's favourite Brumby is likely to be there. So please be reasonable if that is shown true (i.e. no personal attacks against Deans - e.g. "{insert coach of Wallabies here} is a blind orphan monkey goat" is not on, but "{player x} is in good form, done everything asked of him, so how could he not be picked?" is better).

Otherwise, happy 25 man Walaby squad day, and may your favourite player be picked!

Reactions: daz

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Prop (4): Robinson, Slipper, Alexander, Palmer
Hooker (2): Moore, TPN Hanson
Lock (4): Horwill, Douglas, Simmons, MMM
Openside (2): Smith, Hooper Gill
6/8 (3): Palu, Higginbotham, Mowen
Scrumhalf (2): Genia, White
Flyhalf (2): Cooper, To'omua, Barnes
Centre (3): AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Lealiilfano, Horne
Wing (2): Ioane, JOC (James O'Connor)
Fullback (1): Folau

Only query I have is Izzy - ONLY because I think he should commit to Rugby prior to selection in the national team.

Feel sorry for Smith and TPN - they were certain members of the squad

D

daz

Guys, just a quick reminder that just because we might get a bit excited today does not mean the forum rules are somehow slackened. Several mods have had leave cancelled today to patrol the boards. We have itchy fingers.

Be constructive in your criticism, don't play the man, and above all love each other. :D

Have a fun Wallaby day! Woop Woop!

Status
Not open for further replies.