• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I agree with 95% of your posts Braveheart.. BUT optimism, where is your optimism.. CL will rip it up!!!

That was a joke. I would definitely have picked Lealiifano too.

It was based on Dumbledore's post questioning what the Deans bashers will pick on now that McCabe hasn't been selected.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
Those of us that you so affectionately labelled "frothing hordes" will be happy if he chooses a fit, in form back, in position for the first test. It would be a welcome change from what we are accustomed to. Whether Deans is able to use him to the best of his ability is another question. Sorry if we don't share your optimism about Robbie. This is a place to question and discuss the decisions that have and are to be made. Take a step back and stop assuming that alternate opinions to your own have no merit.
I think your question about whether Deans knows how to use Lilo or not, is impossible to be answered until after the match,having never played for Deans before.You may be right but we will know after Saturday,not before.
At least it should be a reasonably popular selection.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Going by the reports that the XV has been named

Anyone wanna take a stab at jersey 16-22?

5F/2B combo

1B being Beale, I think Phips misses out and they bring in someone who's gonna add something to the backline.

Would be interested to hear what everyone thinks would be the 5 FWD breakdown on the bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Going by the reports that the XV has been named

Anyone wanna take a stab at jersey 16-22?

5F/2B combo

1B being Beale, I think Phips misses out and they bring in someone who's gonna add something to the backline.

Would be interested to hear what everyone thinks would be the 5 FWD breakdown on the bench.

It is 8 reserves now.

Word has it that the bench is Kepu, Slipper, Fainga'a, Gill, Simmons, Phipps, Beale, McCabe.

There is some discussion of it in the thread about the 1st test in the Rugby Matches forum.

I think the only surprise is Simmons instead of MMM.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently the bench is:

Fainga'a
Slipper
Kepu
Simmons
Gill
Phipps
McCabe
Beale

Edit: some quick responses there.........

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Dumbledore - so there's the answer.

Picking Lealiifano was the right choice for any other coach but considering Deans doesn't know how to use him it's the wrong choice.

Did I say he didn't know how to use him or that he was the wrong choice?We will have to wait until the first test to find out the answer to both those questions and I quite clearly said Lilo is the right option. No need to go putting words in my mouth hey, BH?

Deans has produced some very good and very unenterprising rugby in his tenure so I don't really know what to expect. I truely hope its the former.

Very Happy Reds Fan

Frank Row (1)
When have I ever 'bashed' Quade? FFS I wrote an article saying I would pick him!

As for the others, well they are proven players at the top level. Have far more runs on the board than Quade, they have all been MoTM in test matches multiple times for starters. Picking To'omua or Foley would be ludicrous.

But it's an old argument, so I won't keep it up.
Your right Baa Baa, picking To'omua would be ludicrous, but what would I know....

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Apparently the bench is:

Fainga'a
Slipper
Kepu
Simmons
Gill
Phipps
McCabe
Beale

Edit: some quick responses there...
Apparently the bench is:

Fainga'a
Slipper
Kepu
Simmons
Gill
Phipps
McCabe
Beale

Edit: some quick responses there...
I would like to see MMM or Kimlin in place of Simmons to give us more impact and flexibility.
If Simmons is in the 22 he needs to start.

Very Happy Reds Fan

Frank Row (1)
I would like to see MMM or Kimlin in place of Simmons to give us more impact and flexibility.
If Simmons is in the 22 he needs to start.
With Halfpenny showing accuracy that would put "the grassy knoll" to shame, Simmo could be a risk with giving 1 or 2 penalties a game. I'm a fan of his but we have to lock it down in our own half...

Taffy

Frank Row (1)
That was a joke. I would definitely have picked Lealiifano too.

It was based on Dumbledore's post questioning what the Deans bashers will pick on now that McCabe hasn't been selected.

Once again great to see all the different views good team selected with the players available would have changed it a tad

10 Barnes 15 izzy 14 o Connor no digby prefer that balance with Barnes control of the back line and tactical awareness

8 Mowen 6 kimlin 7 gill just prefer this balanced high work rate back row on form players to date against strong ball hungry Lions 3

What a great match on Sat Night at Suncorp it's going to be a cracker

Very Happy Reds Fan

Frank Row (1)
When have I ever 'bashed' Quade? FFS I wrote an article saying I would pick him!

As for the others, well they are proven players at the top level. Have far more runs on the board than Quade, they have all been MoTM in test matches multiple times for starters. Picking To'omua or Foley would be ludicrous.

But it's an old argument, so I won't keep it up.

Your right Hugh, to pick Cooper, To'omua or Foley would be ludicrous.

Well, of course, this is just the sort of blinkered philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Your right Hugh, to pick Cooper, To'omua or Foley would be ludicrous.

Well, of course, this is just the sort of blinkered philistine pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage.

I think that you won't be around the forums long if that's your style of contributions.

Can this thread be locked now and banished back to the past, where it should remain?

Status
Not open for further replies.