• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nah - I think you need a more skilled lineout operator somewhere there. Take your pick of Wright, Hanigan, Swinton, Holloway, Leota, Uru etc.

Or maybe you could start with that line-up but have a more rounded player on the bench if it's not working e.g. Holloway.
Yes but I think we have just had a revolving door of 6's and none are that good internationally - Valentini plays there for the Brumbies

But Wright hasn't played for the Wallabies in a while and is really good for the reds so I'd give him a go and have more line out options

maybe

4 - Frost
5 - Holloway
6 - Wright
7 - McReight
8 - Valentini

Lineout and Backrow will be the most competitive all other positions are straight forward apart from uncertainty with injury

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If we are going for lineout:

4. Frost
5. Rodda
6. Holloway
7. McReight
8. Valetini

Holloway, Hanigan, Uru and actually also LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to be considered on the jumping issue. More of an issue though if Skelton is on. board.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Plus Wright calls for the Reds. Although I think Swain calls for the Brumbies and Rodda and Holloway are experienced callers too so that in itself probably isn’t a big issue.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I dont understand how the fly half from the team that’s running third last can be the favorite to start? He's hardly standing out in any metric beyond place kicking.
None of the others are as well. Rule a line through the Tahs and Reds options, that probably makes it a shootout between Gordon, Donaldson and Lolesio.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Gordon‘s understated play last night against the Reds was more impressive than anything I’ve seen from Donaldson.

I think you’re right with the top 3 but I wouldn’t call Donaldson the favorite.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
At some point you just, by default, start with the 10 who has been on the field for wins in 63% of the pro games he has played over 86 matches though right?