• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies 2023

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
You know it was quite interesting watching the Wales vs England game - it was mentioned that Steve Borthwick had been putting a lot of effort into changing Eddie's entrenched & deep-rooted 'culture of fear'...

Seems to really be paying dividends given the impressive over Wales with only 12 players on the pitch - shows there must be an outstanding team culture present for a group of players to achieve such an unlikely feat, against the odds.
That’s totally the wrong way to look at it. Firstly, Wales were crap. Even if you look past that you obviously noticed that England were as you say down to 12 players for about 5 minutes. That was because they were playing without 2 players who were yellow carded and one that was shown red, in the space of 5 minutes. Add in the yellow in the first half that’s 4 cards that England were shown. 4. And are now likely without their captain for the pool stages of the tournament. I’m not sure that aspiring to beat the 10th ranked side in the world by 2 points with 4 carded players is going to get them far in a World Cup, and is certainly not representative of an ‘outstanding culture’.

One thing that has noticeably improved since Eddie took over is our discipline, we seem to be keeping our players on the field for 80 minutes now.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
That’s totally the wrong way to look at it. Firstly, Wales were crap. Even if you look past that you obviously noticed that England were as you say down to 12 players for about 5 minutes. That was because they were playing without 2 players who were yellow carded and one that was shown red, in the space of 5 minutes. Add in the yellow in the first half that’s 4 cards that England were shown. 4. And are now likely without their captain for the pool stages of the tournament. I’m not sure that aspiring to beat the 10th ranked side in the world by 2 points with 4 carded players is going to get them far in a World Cup, and is certainly not representative of an ‘outstanding culture’.

One thing that has noticeably improved since Eddie took over is our discipline, we seem to be keeping our players on the field for 80 minutes now.
I’m pretty sure up until the last Bledisloe at least, the Wallabies were the worst disciplined team in the RC?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I’m pretty sure up until the last Bledisloe at least, the Wallabies were the worst disciplined team in the RC?
How much of that is really a hangover from before EJ (Eddie Jones)?.

How much responsibility (or lack thereof) do players have for poor discipline?

You can't just lump it on the coach - he's not out there making them infringe

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
If I'm EJ (Eddie Jones) I'm playing a full strength roster against Georgia, Fiji and Wales.

Against Portugal see which players have any injuries and assess based on Australia's and Portugal's performances. Ideally for that game rest some key players where possible. I'd have the stars on the bench in case things go pear shaped.

I can't remember if points for/against has any impact on seedings in the RWC. I want to say no, but can't recall.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If I'm EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) I'm playing a full strength roster against Georgia, Fiji and Wales.

Against Portugal see which players have any injuries and assess based on Australia's and Portugal's performances. Ideally for that game rest some key players where possible. I'd have the stars on the bench in case things go pear shaped.

I can't remember if points for/against has any impact on seedings in the RWC. I want to say no, but can't recall.
Of course F/A is important, it's the tiebreaker after the h2h.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
How much of that is really a hangover from before EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones)?.

How much responsibility (or lack thereof) do players have for poor discipline?

You can't just lump it on the coach - he's not out there making them infringe
To be fair….I’m not lumping it on anyone. I’m just saying their discipline didn’t seem to improve all that much

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
You know it was quite interesting watching the Wales vs England game - it was mentioned that Steve Borthwick had been putting a lot of effort into changing Eddie's entrenched & deep-rooted 'culture of fear'...

Seems to really be paying dividends given the impressive over Wales with only 12 players on the pitch - shows there must be an outstanding team culture present for a group of players to achieve such an unlikely feat, against the odds.
Where are you pulling this from, whats your source? or as usually your just talking BS

England have got worse since Eddie left.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think the club is finally getting over losing the licensed club.
Knowing the club like I do, I invite you to explain your comment about Hoiles and his coaching credibility, noting that they are two wins away from their first Shute Shield title since 2004.
I didn't know he was coaching them or they were going well until someone here picked me up on the semi game v Gordon.
Don't care too much they were always the arch-enemy in my day but I did go down to watch them play the All Blacks one afternoon.

Herman

Allen Oxlade (6)
I didn't know he was coaching them or they were going well until someone here picked me up on the semi game v Gordon.
Don't care too much they were always the arch-enemy in my day but I did go down to watch them play the All Blacks one afternoon.
Up the Wicks!

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Curious to know about the dynamics now in the Wallabies with Hooper and Cooper out. Listening to the recent podcast with Nawaqanitawase and Bell, they absolutely worship Hooper & Cooper. Saying Cooper is an absolute freak about the game, so measured, practiced, dedication is off the chats, talk about him like he's some guru savant, they think he's the god of rugby. Eddie certainly would've turned the squad upside down, ballsy move.

Agent

Darby Loudon (17)
Why are we sending Jorgo out to the wing now? Surely if your going to put him out there, play him in position.

I agree. I was a massive doubter at the start of the year and couldn't believe the Tahs actually picked him - then I watched him play!! Without doubt the kid has talent and is an out and out fullback who is wasted on the wing.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Curious to know about the dynamics now in the Wallabies with Hooper and Cooper out. Listening to the recent podcast with Nawaqanitawase and Bell, they absolutely worship Hooper & Cooper. Saying Cooper is an absolute freak about the game, so measured, practiced, dedication is off the chats, talk about him like he's some guru savant, they think he's the god of rugby. Eddie certainly would've turned the squad upside down, ballsy move.
Too many cooks in Eddie's kitchen for his liking maybe?