• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

USA v IRE - Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
That was a disappointing let down by the Americans there. Poor restar and terrible box kick led to the try.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
The 50-60 min mark seems to be the point in all these matches vs. the minnows that they kind of lose their way. That composure should come with more experience though.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't want to speak too soon, but Italy will be very happy if USA can keep Ireland from getting a bonus point

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Just rewards for their fantastic defensive pressure throughout the match. Fantastic stuff from the USA.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Fuck yes, USA deserved that!

Great result for them. Ireland have plenty to work on, because a side that dominates the set peice like they did, should be able to convert.

M

macg101

plenty of backs off form here.. just wish we had covering options for 12 & 13 because they were abject. We won't be able to dominate the Aussie pack like that and we will have to win it from somewhere else... which means we are sunk!

M

macg101

"Eire is just simply gaelic for Ireland & I'm used to that word. But I'll type Ireland from now on so I dont upset people.

Being technical Northern Ireland does not contain all the Ulster counties, its just contained within Ulster. Unless the UK have claimed Donegal and parts of old Tyrone & the like as their own. So there

Meanwhile, USA have got to be getting tired they've been putting in a big defensive effort."

Your right there, there's no issue with using Eire in this case

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
plenty of backs off form here.. just wish we had covering options for 12 & 13 because they were abject. We won't be able to dominate the Aussie pack like that and we will have to win it from somewhere else... which means we are sunk!

On the plus side the Irish set piece was awesome I thought.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
If Rolland was reffing this there would be 20+ more breakdown penalties by now for not staying on your feet...

Thankfully he's not...

I thought that, of the RWC referee group, Joubert, one of my favourite referees, was the least effective to date on following the pre-RWC breakdown imperatives.

Others will disagree - and that is fine with me.

S

saulih

Just finished watching the game in full, and I must say I was quite impressed with the improvement the Eagles made after their last outing in Japan. Massive tackle count and stepping up to the plate for the occasion. I fear the USA boys burned up too much energy in this game, and may come out weakened for their 'must win' match against the Ruskies in only three days time. The USA v Russia match has been stated by the US staff as a must win for their WC campaign to be considered a success. Anything less is disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.