• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

TRC Round 2: Australia vs Argentina @ Brisbane - Saturday 27 July 2019

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Wow, its amazing what happens when you pass the ball straight off the deck, put the ball in front of the ball carrier just before he hits the line and run nice angles.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Rory having a blinder massive at the front of the lineout actually Rodda too.. Good after bring a bit quite last week

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Beale pushes the envelope but
If we're experimenting, then I think Beale as a roaming winger would be better then either DHP or Hodge. I think banks was solid enough to keep a spot - I'd prefer to keep him at fullback then wing.

It won't happen but it's an idea ;)
nah really like what seeing from Beale at fullback as he craves space to be creative. I was on the bandwagon for banks to start at 15 but tonight’s performance by Beale reminding me his strength is vision on what to do with space. Not saying banks not got role in match day 23 either as for sure great prospect with pace.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Naisarani has that 8 jersey on lock. Still think Samu would be better than LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto).

Keen to see Jones on.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Hooper has been a nuisance around the ruck. One turnover at a crucial time, slowed down the ball at others. Definitely can play as traditional 7 when he’s tasked to.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Agreed, our inability to deal with rush defence makes it even stupider to put a second playmaker in the squad. Have Kerevi and TK in the middle to get us over the game line and if we can get quick ball, you will put the defence on the back foot reducing the effectiveness of their rush.

If you put a second play maker in the backs, he will suffer the same fate as Foley with the rush defence. But in any event if people think we 'need' a second play maker, Genia is able to be that person from the 9. I'd daresay it being his final game at home, he'll start.
With a kerevi you have another nonu which means 12 who makes metres