• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

TPN gone for 3N...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So we find out today just how serious it is. Fingers crossed it's not as bad as the article says it could be.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
The lack of hard head players to replace Super players if there is more than two inuries is yet another reason why an ARC is needed. The are a few candidates around in Sydney, and no doubt in Brisbane but who are the best ones to step up?

Academies usually have some young blokes around but when too many of them play for a team like the Junior Tahs and they play against a hard head no frills team like the Oz Baas they get bashed. They should be avoided.

If we had an ARC last year we would know who the best hard head players were to cherry pick into a wounded team like the Tahs. Elvis may be the best around, but I don't that he is or isn't.

Incidentally, is Ben Roberts injured? He was our 4th hooker recently. Luke Holmes is no great shakes but he's had experience in Super Rugby and could have been considered. Maybe he was, come to think of it.

G

GC

Huh? How is this Hickey's fault? Would you have rested TPN in a do-or-die match against a team that was starting to play to its considerable potential?

I would have rested a player who could barely walk before the match, particularly as Uligeua (sp?) has shown himself a capable replacement and providing the team won, a far tougher match was coming up the next weekend.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I would have rested a player who could barely walk before the match, particularly as Uligeua (sp?) has shown himself a capable replacement and providing the team won, a far tougher match was coming up the next weekend.

He was passed fit, he picked up a new injury when he got caught under a player when a ruck collapsed, it's unfortunate but nothing to do with hickey or anyone else, it's rugby it happens.

To blame hickey then claim ulungia is a decent replacement for a sudden death match is such a load of crap. TPN is one of nsw most impactful players, the forward pack play better when he is on the field and any decent coach given the option to pay him would have.

G

GC

He was passed fit, he picked up a new injury when he got caught under a player when a ruck collapsed, it's unfortunate but nothing to do with hickey or anyone else, it's rugby it happens.

To blame hickey then claim ulungia is a decent replacement for a sudden death match is such a load of crap. TPN is one of nsw most impactful players, the forward pack play better when he is on the field and any decent coach given the option to pay him would have.

Fair enough if it is a different injury. I thought Ulungia Had an excellent game when he came on. In your view he didn't play a decent replacement's game? I must have watching a different match

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Fair enough if it is a different injury. I thought Ulungia Had an excellent game when he came on. In your view he didn't play a decent replacement's game? I must have watching a different match

There is a difference in coming on in a match that your team is dominating totally in and nit fucking up, to starting and dealing with pressure from the get go. TPzn lays a platform for others to build on, John would not be in the team without injuries to those above him. I don't dislike him and he seems to be a solid player but stand him next to TPN and I know who I would pick every time

G

GC

Of course TPN is a far better player. I'd rate him in the top 3 hookers in the world when fit. But playing him injured all the time when there is a solid replacement is crazy. I have never seen a player get more treatment in stoppages in almost every match he plays than him. Surely there is a serious issue there.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
A shame in one way and a benefit to Aus in another, a fresher "healed" TPN for the RWC is not a bad thing
Without meaning to be cynical, that's the only way he ever plays for the Wallabies and it usually doesn't last too long.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
ulugia has had one crap game and one good game when noone gave him a chance as i remember
good on him for gettin up for the one game. but can he do it against one of the best in mealamu?>
tah scrum in troupble this week i feel

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It rather settles the argument about the Wallaby hooker spot, but I'm gutted for the Tahs. They needed him this week if they were to challenge the Blues.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Hickey hardly managed him thoughtfully to be fair. TPN is only alive through dumb luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.