• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Rugby Championship 2014 - Non-Wallaby Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
What happened to Dominic Bird? He's better than Thrush.

Turf toe & yes he is but hasn't played in about a month, ditto Tuipolotu (ankle). Romano still a while away, hopefully available for the EOYT but that's by no means certain. Mind you it could be worse, it could be our fatties falling over.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Did my rib cartilage once and it was a f***ing ***t. Radiologist said they're worse than broken ribs in some cases.

Yeah, ribs you can strap but cartilage is meant to be flexible therefore there's fuck all you can do except not re-damage it while it heals. Hopefully there's no separation of cartilage & bone, that's even worse recovery time-wise.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
No Whitelock or Messam for 3-4 weeks:

" ""He has got [a damaged] rib cartilage rather than a fracture so we will have to see over the next couple of days just how quickly that comes right,'' Hansen said in reference to Whitelock.

" "The worst case scenario is that he is out for probably four weeks. Best case scenario - probably three.''

"Blindside flanker Liam Messam injured a quadriceps muscle as he ran in his try at McLean Park and despite attempts to keep playing was replaced by Sam Cane.

" "He has done a quad - he is probably [out for] three or four weeks as well,'' Hansen confirmed."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/10469921/All-Blacks-farewell-injured-Whitelock-and-Messam

Interview with Hansen after the game. He is the Bill Murray of coaching, the master of the laconic comment.

https://soundcloud.com/allblacks/all-blacks-coach-steve-2

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I have never much rated Coles, but his efforts last night were excellent. Finally looking like a genuine first choice test hooker.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's little wonder people continue to streak in NZ when police lay no charges and the fine is $500.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
I think it was because she was female.

Well thank god for that!

How could you get the image out of your eyes if it turned out 'she was a male'?

(and just wtf does 'and she has been trespassed from the ground' even mean? And to say it twice)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
(and just wtf does 'and she has been trespassed from the ground' even mean? And to say it twice)

It means that she's indefinitely banned from the premises & liable to be arrested & charged with trespass if she does go there. She will have signed a copy of the notice acknowledging she's aware of the ban & the consequences of breaking it. In saying all of that, the max fine of $500 is as noted by qwerty51 above fucking ridiculous.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The maximum fine in Australia is often around $5,500 depending on which state you're in.

I'm not sure what the actual fines end up being like when it actually goes to court though.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
It means that she's indefinitely banned from the premises & liable to be arrested & charged with trespass if she does go there. She will have signed a copy of the notice acknowledging she's aware of the ban & the consequences of breaking it.
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE'S SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE THERE.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound is all good and well but if you do a streak in Levin and no one is around you're barking up the wrong tree jeez sometimes i just end up confusing myself with these posts

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE'S SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE THERE.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound is all good and well but if you do a streak in Levin and no one is around you're barking up the wrong tree jeez sometimes i just end up confusing myself with these posts

Yeah, nah. Wrote up some shoplifters over the years but never been given a "bluey" myself.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
It means that she's indefinitely banned from the premises & liable to be arrested & charged with trespass if she does go there. She will have signed a copy of the notice acknowledging she's aware of the ban & the consequences of breaking it. In saying all of that, the max fine of $500 is as noted by qwerty51 above fucking ridiculous.

I have checked a few dictionaries, none that I looked at has a definition of 'trespassed' anywhere near what you have written. I fully understand that she has been made aware of certain restrictions on her future actions, and that explanation is welcome - thanks, I was merely noting what appeared to me an atrocious example of poor english, made worse because it was repeated.

There's a lot of it about sadly.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Nonu as we know is gone for the season but there's a few guys coming back from injury for the away trip in Crotty, Kaino, Messam & Whitelock. Also some thought being given to sending Vito to SA when Coles comes home for his baby's birth - big call that, not aware that any of our props have hooking experience if Kev or Harris go down.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/10498423/Ma-a-Nonu-gone-but-Crottys-return-eases-pain

On the McCaw-Cane thing I've been banging on for ages about starting McCaw at 6 but I'm loving the impact Cane's having off the bench so can now see why Shag has preserved with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.