• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

the Real Deal Kurtley Beale!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rhyso

Can't think of a more important kick for the Wallabies in a very long time, for the players, the RWC, the fans, KB (Kurtley Beale) himself... what a moment. When those flags went up, I was airborne and screaming. Haven't felt that pumped since the Donald run-out in the 99 cricket WC.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Haha I had liftoff after the flags went up. Never thought he'd get it...what a hero.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
The falcon looked fucking stupid, but the guy had just tripped on the turf. It happens

I think it is the blades type boots causing the slips. You see far too many of them from wings, fullbacks and #10's returning the ball from deep defence.

Bring back the screw in studs.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
KB (Kurtley Beale) 3
dp 2
dm 1\
.........[Moses needing fresh pants --------]

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
go BEALE, he had a great attacking game, dodgy pass over quade's head, nutted the ball, and then he slotted the kick,

The analysis by austin i think of the wallabies attack came up twice where quade passed the ball flat and nobody was there.

All the backs played well and burgos passing looked crisp

Not just those things, but a menace every time he has the ball. He makes tries, just like JOC (James O'Connor) did tonight. Potentially another Campese.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
The falcon was bad luck. He slipped and fell.

And here is me slagging off mungoball on another thread, without realising that mungoball gave us the term "Falcon".

Oh and BTW Moses, too many soiled nappies perhaps, your 3-2-1 should be on another thread.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Beale, big stones there son, especially after the ups and downs of the match.

The good news about Beale's work under the high ball is that he'll get plenty of practice from all of our opponents until he gets it right (just like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) did).

D

Doc

He folded under pressure in the second half. What was with the falcon ? So I completely wrote off his chances.

This.

Amazing kick, but Beale almost single handedly kept SA in the game at times.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
This thread title reminds me of UFC fighter "The Dean of Mean, Keith Jardine"...

so how bout "The Deal of Real, Kurtley Beale"..

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The game was a roller coaster and Beale's play typified the whole team. He is going to be another David Campese, with all the highs and lows, so you better get used to it. Cyclo, can you give us some pharmaceutical advice on how to counter the highs and lows please?

You have to say though that his type of play makes rugby the game they play in heaven, so I'll turn up every time. Ella, Campese, Horan, Larkham... and now Cooper and Beale. Will we talk in hushed tones about this pair in ten years time? Not sure, but it could be, so lets just all hope like hell......

Reality check is coming next Saturday.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
Well in KB (Kurtley Beale) that kick was hefty, his balls are like elton flately's BIG

Thin thighs don't blame it on the boots they aren't blades, although i do agree with the bringing back of screw ins
http://www.prodirectrugby.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDR-002-001-754&DEPT=2&BRAND=1&SS=1&PROFILE=Power

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was impressive today and actually passed it to JOC (James O'Connor), the holy grail isn't so holy now

There have been too many top level professional players slip over in rugby and mungoball.
When wet/damp in the past, you just got out the long studs.

Forwards seem to still have screw in studs, and are able to adjust their grip for night games when there is a bit of dew about.

The amount of $ these guys get they should be able to afford several pairs of boots for the different playing surfaces. FFS we are the one of the worlds leading cricket nations and know how to read a pitch. Perhaps JO'N needs to get Ricky P to have a training session or three with the Wobs on how to "read" the pitch.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The game was a roller coaster and Beale's play typified the whole team. He is going to be another David Campese, with all the highs and lows, so you better get used to it. Cyclo, can you give us some pharmaceutical advice on how to counter the highs and lows please?

You have to say though that his type of play makes rugby the game they play in heaven, so I'll turn up every time. Ella, Campese, Horan, Larkham... and now Cooper and Beale. Will we talk in hushed tones about this pair in ten years time? Not sure, but it could be, so lets just all hope like hell......

Reality check is coming next Saturday.

Yep, absolutely. I'll take the occasional low to go with the awe inspiring skill any day. I was very lucky to start watching rugby when guys like Ella, Campo et al were at their peak or coming into it. It's skill like that that makes me love this game so much. Some of the passing, running and interplay on the weekend just game me goose bumps, it was so good to watch, especially the Elsom try.

So long as we don't have a whole backline full of the fancy pants style players and there are blokes to straighten the attack and clean up the mess, I'm happy enough.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just had to add to this thread as I have become a massive Kurtley Beale fan I think he is up there with Pocock in superstar status I never thought he would be this good after all the hype from his early days I thought he would be a flop.

Since dropping the kilos & trimming the fat he has been world class and has quickly become an important piece to the Wallaby puzzle he is certainly a player we will need come RWC if we are to challenge for the big prize.

Reactions: WB3

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Too early to call him our next Campo, but he is showing potential and is tracking well as he matures as a professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.