• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The ranting at Deans/ARU/O'Neill/Players thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
No thanks Daz.

1. I don't agree with foreign coaches for national teams. If we want to call ourselves a Tier 1 rugby nation and retain any sort of self respect, we need to have our own countrymen coaching. A bloke who can peel the paint from the walls at half time and finish the spray with "now get out there and &^%^ give it to those ^$@*&% kiwi/south african *&^%$^%", which was desperately needed last week.
  2. Bringing in someone from outside is a statement that there is not a single Aussie coach who is worthy. Not the sort of message we want to be sending to aspiring coaches who have performed well. The Wallaby coaching position should be the pinnacle that a coach progressing through premier then Super rugby aspires to. If there is nothing to aim for, there is no incentive for coaches to improve themselves - the long term effect puts our overall rugby development on a downward spiral. Which leads to my next point.
  3. If you make "proven at international level" a requirement, it condemns us to an never ending conga line of suckhole line of kiwi & South African coaches, simply because they have the stones to back their coaches. Let the Japans, Wales, and Italy's of the world import kiwi coaches who can't get a start at home, but FFS, a nation with our rugby pedigree should be ashamed to be doing it. We didn't need imports to win 2 RWC's, we don't need them now.
Ahhh. That feels better now :)

Although I would prefer Link I would be quite happy to have White. Coaching is a professional international position, just like being the CEO of a global corporation, and you take the best person for the job. If an Australian coach has better understanding of the Australian rugby culture (something I personally think is BS) then that would be a consideration, but whatever, you take the best man for the job.

What impressed me the most about JW during his SA years, and he's doing it again with the Brumbies, is that he made a team that was much stronger than it's individuals. During most of JW period at the helm the SA franchises were the easybeats at the super level. In 2006 they had a team at 4th, and 3 teams in the bottom 5. In 2005 they had one team in the top 4 and 3 teams in the bottom 4. Yet year on year he was able to pick players from those fairly weak SA franchises and drill them into a very competitive SA team. In 2007 he certainly had an easy run into the finals with Oz and NZ being knocked out, but he also had a very, very strong team with the Bulls and Stormers having just fought out the premiership.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
So people hate the boring play that the waratahs are criticized for but love what jake white did with south Africa?

I'm not sure a lot of aussie fans know what they want.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
So people hate the boring play that the waratahs are criticized for but love what jake white did with south Africa?

I'm not sure a lot of aussie fans know what they want.

He just played to their strengths and to the way the laws were being applied. They had massive kickers and the best line-out jumpers in the world, and teams holding the ball were being penalised.

Even Link played boring rugby with the Waratahs when the occasion demanded it.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Saw Deans mumbling away on tele tonight, he back to his Robbieisms. What happened to the clarity he spoke with during the Welsh campaign?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Is that a copy Laphroaig from the country of Laos?

Good choice of malt Cyclo. I love the Islay peaty malts.
Whoops!! Got me "O" out of whack!! No, it was the real thing! It was bloody nice. And I am not, by any means, an expert on single malts (d'uh!!) but I am enthusiastically learning.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Some good advice on the Gaggerland spirits thread in Everything Else. Someone has posted a link to a taste test of Single malts including some Japanese Malts which I am keen to wrap my taste buds around.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The Wallabies have had no ideas all year. It's not functioning. Deans has gotta go, it's only a question of when.

The longer we wait the worse it will get so why keep the bloke around?

Cut him now and give the incoming coach a chance to get this side prepared and playing as a team for the Lions tour which is now only 10 months away.

Link is the man for the job. Hand it over over to him now!

ibqfcxHcUUYsgY.jpg

jU1GextUsNTEG.jpg

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well something drastic has to happen, we can't keep banging our heads against the wall over and over. And over. And over.

I might feel differently in the morning, when I realise that this could be a kneejerk reaction to us being comprehensively beaten by the best team in the world.

I doubt it though.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Good one Stu.

Rod would also come in handy bashing anyone over the head who puts in shit chip kicks.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Saw Deans mumbling away on tele tonight, he back to his Robbieisms. What happened to the clarity he spoke with during the Welsh campaign?

Go back and look. You were drunk on euphoria and the false belief that the Wallabies played well. He never spoke with clarity then either.

Status
Not open for further replies.