• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
he - would love to at some stage. My bro caught up with Dungar who mentioned he might come back for a run with Tinker as well. Might see a few old faces coming back over the next few weeks.

Crashy

Colin Windon (37)
Now that Barker (school) has a girls rugby program, praps BOBS could consider a women's team next year onwards.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
A dozen blokes at training tonight. None of the heroes who "committed" for zero dollars. Are they going to be there game day versus Canterbury? Who fucking knows.

Looking at the weather forecast, the ground is likely to be closed. That means the game moves to Canterbury.

That means we're pretty much fucked because only a few people will want to travel, and that means maybe we just go there, play Second Grade, and have a few beers.

I'm fucking over this shit. "Keep punching" only works when you're not facing down a complete collapse of a club, repaying everyone's rego, and getting your saturdays back to yourself.

Fuck rugby.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oh and in further "fuck rugby" news:

My Second Grade #7, who was squirrel-gripped and punched in the head by the Irish 2nd Grade #13 on the ground, got 2 weeks for his part in terms of retaliation.

The instigator got 2 weeks as well.

Both entry-level punches despite one being the initiator / sexual assaulter.

Irish should have lost two more players to red cards for ref abuse, but despite the guy having the assessment mike on, through which the assessor would have heard at least some of it.

If any of my guys spoke to a ref like the Irish 2nd Grade captain did, they'd be cooling their fucking heels for 6 weeks after fronting the judiciary.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
To be clear: I have no problem with the sentence received by my guy - he deserves the entry level for striking.

Its the fact that the instigator is given the same sentence I don't get. What's the deterrent for being first offender?

Give him 4 weeks, minus 1 for first offence or something. Whatever.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great to see the bobs rebuild after a shocker last year. A new president and enthusiastic young committee is starting to reap reward. Word is they are targeting the Newport fixtures..

Always good to see clubs bouncing back. My read is its a BOBS vs Iggies battle for the Club Championships in DIV 3. Always have to discount Newport with their away form always suspect.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Always good to see clubs bouncing back. My read is its a BOBS vs Iggies battle for the Club Championships in DIV 3. Always have to discount Newport with their away form always suspect.
Counting out Epping and Hawkesbury Valley already????
Epping pushed Iggies last week without 5 regular first graders and a flanker playing 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I think everyone will have a great idea after the Epping vs Bobs clash this weekend.

Bobs and Epping had a great rivalry in the mid 2000's although Matt Barr and Fonga got the better of us in 2005!

Nath good luck on the weekend if the games are on. Ill be cheering from London!

Epping pushed Iggies last week without 5 regular first graders and a flanker playing 13

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I think everyone will have a great idea after the Epping vs Bobs clash this weekend.

Bobs and Epping had a great rivalry in the mid 2000's although Matt Barr and Fonga got the better of us in 2005!

Nath good luck on the weekend if the games are on. Ill be cheering from London!

Retired now mate. Shall be on the hill regaling anyone who will listen of my greatness.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
The gurus tips (Prodigy I'm happy for you to bench mark yourself against these)

DIV 1
DRUMMOYNE vs Balmain - The muzzled wolves to be gelded. 30+
St Pats vs MOSMAN - Whales too big too strong 14+
Knox vs PETERSHAM - as per above 14+
Waverley vs COLLEAGUES - Match of Round - Colleagues too strong in wet 7+

DIV 2
LINDFIELD vs Unsw - Old Soldier at home 14+
HILLS vs Forest - Always heated, Hills by 7
HUNTERS vs Beecroft - Wouldn't want to be at Boronia in tomorrows downpour. Prick of a place. HH by 14+
Hawk Ag vs MOUNTAINS - Match of Round - MOUNTAIN Men by 10

DIV 3
Brothers vs IGGIES - Stop the fight!!! The rain could stop IGGIES from getting to 100. Brothers will do well to see out the season with full grades.
Epping vs BOBS - Match of Round - My spies tell me BOBS are in a happy place and think they'll have to much in the backs for the RAMs. BOBS by 10
SAINTS vs Hawk Valley - My upset of the round. Consecutive away games will hurt the big men from the valley. SAINTSs by 7
REDFIELD vs Newport - Tommy Tudehopes called a revival + the boys from the beach don't travel. REDFIELD by 3

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)

To win a club championship you have to have a read hot 1st grade as well as either a 2nd or colts team. Eppings 2nd or colts will not top their comps and finish mid table.
Hawkesbury will struggle late season with all the travel and injuries.

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
The gurus tips (Prodigy I'm happy for you to bench mark yourself against these)

DIV 1
DRUMMOYNE vs Balmain - The muzzled wolves to be gelded. 30+
St Pats vs MOSMAN - Whales too big too strong 14+
Knox vs PETERSHAM - as per above 14+
Waverley vs COLLEAGUES - Match of Round - Colleagues too strong in wet 7+

DIV 2
LINDFIELD vs Unsw - Old Soldier at home 14+
HILLS vs Forest - Always heated, Hills by 7
HUNTERS vs Beecroft - Wouldn't want to be at Boronia in tomorrows downpour. Prick of a place. HH by 14+
Hawk Ag vs MOUNTAINS - Match of Round - MOUNTAIN Men by 10

DIV 3
Brothers vs IGGIES - Stop the fight!!! The rain could stop IGGIES from getting to 100. Brothers will do well to see out the season with full grades.
Epping vs BOBS - Match of Round - My spies tell me BOBS are in a happy place and think they'll have to much in the backs for the RAMs. BOBS by 10
SAINTS vs Hawk Valley - My upset of the round. Consecutive away games will hurt the big men from the valley. SAINTSs by 7
REDFIELD vs Newport - Tommy Tudehopes called a revival + the boys from the beach don't travel. REDFIELD by 3

I agree with most of that... Except Newport will beat Redfield by 30+.

And surely Brothers can fight back this year? A team that has made the finals in 1st Grade every year for the last 10 years would have some players up their sleeve. Surely?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fourth Division:

Rouse Hill v CANTERBURY - down on numbers, with very few First Grade quality players, the Renegades will struggle to get on the board. At the very least we might try to minimise the damage by calling it at halftime and then get up to the pub. Berries by 50+

Mac Uni v BRIARS - the students have a lot of new blokes and their coach deserted them in preseason. Briars have a reasonable balance of youth, pace, and size, and will be too much. Briars by 30.

OATLEY v Blacktown - too much class in this Oatley team, who will at least 2 premierships and probably the club championship. Blacktown are on the rebuild after their Fijian heroics last year, but still a handy side. Oatley at home by 15.

Sydney Harlequins v SYDNEY IRISH - I hear 'Quins are down a few players, and Irish were very efficient in disposing of three opponents since the first round draw against Blacktown. Match of the round, so get there if you can. Irish to sneak it by under 10.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Would hate to be out at Soldiers Memorial if the rain comes lik its forecasted, will be a swamp

Reckon that game as well will be tighter than 14 + even goes as far to say if the get on and the rain comes then UNSW will likely knock them over

Mountains v HAC should be a cracker, if Kroll doesn't play for Mountains again this week then it makes it a very interesting game

HH agree will be crap if the rain continues especially on that cricket pitch and the hot water when it runs out by 3rd Grade, Ladies Day there as well would be a dour affair

Be interesting too see if Irish games are moved to Latham Park if they get to use the new Synthetic Ground that has been built for both them and Randwick to use

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Be interesting too see if Irish games are moved to Latham Park if they get to use the new Synthetic Ground that has been built for both them and Randwick to use

I spoke to them when we were there last week - they said there is bugger all give in it, and they're not keen to play on it at all.

Mouldies only. Carpet burns to the power of infinity.

FUCK artificial.

On the other hand, looking at the utter pounding my ground gets from soccer, what are the genuine alternatives?

outsidein22

Bob McCowan (2)
Balmains tough start to the season may very well continue tomorrow taking on top of the club championship Drummoyne. Having lost every game so far this season, I have a strong feeling they may be 0 from 20 at the conclusion of round 4. Based on that I'm going to go out on a limb and make the very early call that Balmain will be joining division 2 in 2018.

In a slight reprieve for Balmain after playing Drummoyne they take on St Pats and Knox in the closing end of the first half of the season, where I'd back them to finally break the egg. They still have the prospect of playing Colleagues in coming weeks which certainly won't help their cause.

Good luck to all teams playing this weekend and I hope the rain stays away!

Status
Not open for further replies.