• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sydney 7's: 26-28 January

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

New Zealand Men’s with a few injuries, the Aussies have lost Boyd Killingworth potentially but it’s probably still their best chance against the kiwis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T

TOCC

Aussies best New Zealand and Argentina about to upset England.. I think a few teams may have got their prep wrong for dealing with the heat. I just trained in Centennial Park and it’s ridiculously muggy... absolutely energy sapping stuff

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Fantastic effort to go through the entire tournament without conceding a point and then beat New Zealand 31 to nil in the final. Some excellent skills on display from the whole team.

Stunning. Have not watched it yet, Mrs Wamberal and I will settle back to night, with tears in our eyes!!!!

She in particular grew up in an era when girls' sport (sic) was just a bit of fluff, not at all serious.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Just how good is the rush defense in 7s. Very rarely seen; defense is usually very passive and the attacking team mostly has dominance, but the Aussie girls took on all comers in defense and turned the game on its ear. Expect to see others using the same strategy in future tournaments. Congrats to the girls and the coaching team.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Aus women just superb & with so many of them barely 20 they're probably only going to get better. NZ & the others are going to have a hard time keeping up with let alone overtaking them in the next 3-5 years, methinks.

Gutted for the NZ men, losing to Fiji like that has gotta hurt but they've just put Ringinland away so get a shot at redemption as well as 5th place later tonight.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Stunning. Have not watched it yet, Mrs Wamberal and I will settle back to night, with tears in our eyes!!!!

She in particular grew up in an era when girls' sport (sic) was just a bit of fluff, not at all serious.
Two of my daughters watched it today. They're pretty excited about their upcoming rugby season.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can't get over how good they did today? The win over NZ was fantastic but that was just brilliant v the Boks.

I thought when Stannard knocked on and then we made another mistake soon after (Holland dropped ball?) it wasn't going to be our night but the Boks were never in it.

How D (both teams) has been terrific.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
That was fantastic. Two great team efforts. Defence fantastic.

Both teams have some very promising youngsters in their ranks.

T

TOCC

Very surprised they were able to come back after those two early errors... that try saving tackle seem to set the tempo and given them the confidence they needed

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well although I didn't see much of the 7s at all, I would imagine that AR would be stoked at these results for good positive start to year. Any team that goes through without a point (women)against them has to be bloody good, and men winning the final so comprehensively makes for great reading. As I said I not really a 7s fan or watcher, but it certainly one way of getting really good positive publicity for rugby early in the year.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Very surprised they were able to come back after those two early errors. that try saving tackle seem to set the tempo and given them the confidence they needed

Everything about that was good. Great tackle by Anderson but I couldn't believe how close Specman actually came to scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.