• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

i don't think i like the yellow/green/black leg colors either. might as well be a tri-nations trophy.

Good point Newb. I must admit that while I understood what the colours signified (3 x SANZAR conferences), I didn't really make the link to the 3N international comp colour reference.

I do like the design though.....

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well seeing as this is the last year of the Tri Nations, that's a bit of a moot point.

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
it looks like the base of a 'lava lamp'

telstarlavalamp.jpg

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
So, it should have fifteen little legs, each in the colour of a team, a large compartment for the storage of beer, and look nothing like a spaceship.

Sounds like a Baa-Baas scrum.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
still boring, though warming up to it, a few slight changes to the design would have been nice, like engraving the legs with something, like patterns associated with the aboriginal things or whatever (dont really care about social justice and inclusion, just think it would look cool). maybe a slightly differet base too.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
still boring, though warming up to it, a few slight changes to the design would have been nice, like engraving the legs with something, like patterns associated with the aboriginal things or whatever (dont really care about social justice and inclusion, just think it would look cool). maybe a slightly differet base too.

I don't know how New Zealand and South Africa would feel about that?

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
I don't mind tha actual trophy, but the individual cups all the players received weren't good. They looked like someone went down to the local trophy shop Sat morning & had them engraved. Bloody awful.

BUT:
Beer did, in fact, taste better out of them than out of any other vessel
Although some players wanted to pimp theirs out, they appeared reluctant to give them back...
They were solid enough to survive Silly Sunday, Mad Monday & Trophy Tuesday.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah definitely don't like the tri-colours. The Reds are not representing Australia.

I actually like the three colours there. Takes away from the stainless steel, new kitchen appliance look of it. And it wasn't until the Super 14 that the colours were dropped from being associated with Super Rugby. The Super 12 Logo featured the 3 colours in the shield.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i like it> perfect for holding high above the head as horwill showed!!!
thought it was funny when davies (maybe) went to hold it high then thought against it when he took the weight hahaha wingers....

Status
Not open for further replies.