• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Round 8, Sunwolves vs Waratahs - Saturday 3:15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DZ6KfAuVwAAjSJ0.jpg:large

Miller starts at 6 in a very mobile backrow. Holloway to the bench and Cam Clark comes onto the bench for the injured Folau with Newsome starting.

T

TOCC

Sunwolves have 11 players involved in the Japanese test training squad, those 11 players aren't playing for the Sunwolves in the next 2 games. Tahs should win this game with ease

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That is good news for the Tahs!

Obviously winning the game is the main order of business but it would be great to get our first bonus point of the season too... and also to win by 16 points or more for... reasons.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's definitely an odd one.

However, good to see Will Miller (from a purely parochial view) make the starting 15. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Sunwolves have 11 players involved in the Japanese test training squad, those 11 players aren't playing for the Sunwolves in the next 2 games. Tahs should win this game with ease
I really should’ve found that out before putting in my wagers for the week. So who is playing for the sunwolves these weeks? If they have a squad of what 35,40? Do they even have all the right chess pieces still available or is this going to see them trot out a pack more “mobile” then even the tahs? Bahhh

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
^^^^^ other game in that two-week window is Bloos in Tokyo, that's what you call giving the away team a chance :)
Yeah timing for their away games they were never going to win would’ve made more sense. More sense for win-loss chances maybe not for points differential. Maybe the high school boys they’re currently dragging out of the video arcade to play this week don’t have passports?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

You're not talking about the Japan A squad that is touring NZ are you?

That only includes Sunwolves players who aren't required for Super Rugby currently.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Keep an eye on Will Miller’s turnovers won count this weekend, I’d wager it will exceed Pocock’s. Miller was getting turnovers for fun in Shute Shield last year, if the Sunwolves have lost as many Japanese nationals as is being stated he will have a field day.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sunwolves: 15 Kotaro Matsushima, 14 Lomano Lemeki, 13 Timothy Lafaele, 12 Michael Little, 11 Semisi Masirewa, 10 Yu Tamura, 9 Yutaka Nagare (captain), 8 Kazuki Himeno, 7 Lappies Labuschagne, 6 Yoshitaka Tokunaga, 5 Sam Wykes, 4 James Moore, 3 Jiwon Koo, 2 Shota Horie, 1 Craig Millar. Substitutes: 16 Jaba Bregvadse, 17 Keita Inagaki, 18 Nikoloz Khatiashvili, 19 Wimpie van der Walt, 20 Edward Quirk, 21 Fumiaki Tanaka, 22 Hayden Parker, 23 Hosea Saumaki

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I reckon both teams defence coaches might be getting a bollocking next week - but I’m finding the game highly entertaining. Lots of ball movement and every level of offload from skilful to very ambitious.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
No doubt the Budgie Smuggler crew will be on to the footage quickly as well.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So if the Tahs counter-ruck over the ball, the guy lying on the ground should need to get onside again before playing the ball. Doesn't the ruck set an offside line? I think Hooper had a fair point there in arguing it with Gardner.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I dunno Cyclo - once they’ve cleaned past the ball the back of the ruck is the original last test, not where the cleaners end up (as far as I understand). Tahs unlucky, but the ruling was right for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.