• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Rnd 2: Rebels v Force

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
More explosive than Skelton. If he ever ends up at a team that knows how to use him he'll be even more impressive. Another cameo where he played to his size. That run near the end showed real aggression going into contact. Something you like to see in a big body.
I mean, in terms as an impact player. I'm not sure if he has all the skills needed at international level. But probably he could be an impact player there, like Skelton used to be

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Pasitoa very good tonight.
How come Fines is on the bench?
I think it makes sense to blood Pasitoa with Prior inside him and the likes of Kahui & Godwin outside. If that means holding Leleiwasa-Fines back a bit then I see that as reasonable. He is still getting some good minutes and is having an impact. Definitely a good long term prospect though.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
As a force supporter, gotta say I'm happy to see Gordon benched and To'omua at 10. Appears much less threatening, and greatly increases the chance of an intercept try or two for the Force.
Rebels complete inability to maintain ball security telling..ioane or mini Skelton only shining light for me. Rebels next game against drua next week timely but gees they lose that will be disaster so they need to improve on tonight as to be frank the last two weeks from rebels been absolute rubbish.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
That was a fucking disgraceful performance. Absolutely no positives to take out of that from a Rebels perspective.

Just like last week we played dumb rugby, we turned down the points when they were on offer and put ourselves down in the game. Foote is on thin ice already

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
think tonight was the worst game I’ve ever seen for Melbourne. Maybe last year’s Blues game.

insipid and uninspiring. No excuse against other Australian teams, same budget same talent pool. What the fuck is wrong with Melbourne?
Mate the beer was the only thing that got me through

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I'm not suggesting that he should be given a Wallabies jersey off these performances. But he is showing good early signs. Give him more time and minutes and he may be a good loose forward prospect going forward.
I understand. I'm just saying that he could be an impact player like Willy, he needs a lot a skills to be a proper test player

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
20220226_124834.jpg

So...

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well I watched until halftime (I was buggered so needed bed), and enjoyed the game, I will go along with the idea that I like the look of the Force. I am pretty keen on Pasitoa, used to watch him playing for Southport School, and he certainly looks like he kicking on. He takes the ball to the line well and causes doubt in the mind of defence I think. Boy the Rebels are ordinary at the moment. They are certainly going to struggle to increase crowd size the way they playing, I actually wondered if crowd was restricted because of coved.
Anyway in general good game to watch, and that saying something after I has just watched the Blues/Canes game, was still good enough to keep me interested.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
think tonight was the worst game I’ve ever seen for Melbourne. Maybe last year’s Blues game.

insipid and uninspiring. No excuse against other Australian teams, same budget same talent pool. What the fuck is wrong with Melbourne?
After years of investment and at times having on paper a quality wallaby laden roster many ask the same question about the rebels.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That was a fucking disgraceful performance. Absolutely no positives to take out of that from a Rebels perspective.

Just like last week we played dumb rugby, we turned down the points when they were on offer and put ourselves down in the game. Foote is on thin ice already
So Hodge and To'omua are not test level players anymore. I hope that Rennie is taking this very serious and young players can get calls for vacancies
To'omua and hodge - I think Rennie has just removed them from his speed dial
I looking forward to him holding onto the ball but in all seriousness he is too much of a pro and good footy player to have two bad games in a row (now I have out the mocka on him)
Hmmm - maybe not lol…too good a player to have 3 bad games in a row lol.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
The Force looked bloody good last night. Kahui knows how to keep form in a backline and support his players. Pasitoa had a brilliant game, and should be left to continue his playing this year without the hype. It’s only two games in, with one loss and one win. Their front row still have a lot of work ons. This could be an issue moving into the NZ games.
The Rebels were woeful. If anything they went backwards after game one. What do you do with Hodge? Equally To'omua? Is Wells a leader? Is Foote a coach?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Well I watched until halftime (I was buggered so needed bed), and enjoyed the game, I will go along with the idea that I like the look of the Force. I am pretty keen on Pasitoa, used to watch him playing for Southport School, and he certainly looks like he kicking on. He takes the ball to the line well and causes doubt in the mind of defence I think. Boy the Rebels are ordinary at the moment. They are certainly going to struggle to increase crowd size the way they playing, I actually wondered if crowd was restricted because of coved.
Anyway in general good game to watch, and that saying something after I has just watched the Blues/Canes game, was still good enough to keep me interested.
Pasitoa went to Nudgee not TSS.