• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby Rnd 1: Brumbies v Force

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I haven't seen Fines, so don't really know him, but did think when reading Force's line up as soon as I saw his name I see a weak link. A capable player,but in my opinion nothing more.

You haven’t seen him, don’t really know him, but have formed the opinion that he is a weak link?

Fines is certainly more than capable…

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You haven’t seen him, don’t really know him, but have formed the opinion that he is a weak link?

Fines is certainly more than capable…
Sory mate, I meant I thought Prior was a weak link, not Fines, I missed his Prior's name, but obviously I wouldn't know if Fines is a good un or not as I never seen him!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sory mate, I meant I thought Prior was a weak link, not Fines, I missed his Prior's name, but obviously I wouldn't know if Fines is a good un or not as I never seen him!

Gotcha… that makes sense.

I can only assume Prior is starting because of the inexperience in his inside backs, however Kuenzle was trusted to start at 10 for the Brumbies for much of their 2020 season… so for me it is an odd choice.

I agree that Prior is probably a few years past his best… Fines on the other hand is a potential Wallaby.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Brumbies’ backline reserves don’t look as strong without the likes of Kuenzle (really started to flourish at 12 during Super Rugby TT), Hansen or Kata…

The dip in quality there could be the Brumbies undoing this year.

Strong starting lineup from both sides otherwise.

I hear you Slim but don't think that bad as CFS bloody good IMHO and can't make 23. Also got Mogg with his experience. Loss of bit of quality but they managed to recruit some quality back with CFS and Mogg - albeit at back end of their careers...

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
The biggest concern is backup at 10. I'm assuming if Lolesio gets injured Simone moves to 10 and maybe Ikitau to 12 and Sapsford to 13?

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
The biggest concern is backup at 10. I'm assuming if Lolesio gets injured Simone moves to 10 and maybe Ikitau to 12 and Sapsford to 13?
Should have given more game time to your back up 10’s and maybe they wouldn’t have left? Noah is good but not a messiah...

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Have to say I'm happy with that prospect if it happens. IMO Simone is at least the second best No 10 in the squad. I was a bit surprised though that CFS didn't make the XX111 as I reckon Simone at 10 and CFS at 12 could be devastating (well at least very effective).

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Only round 1 but I hope the Force come out prepared composed and play fast. Some exciting new pieces to the team, would be great to start the season with a Dub.

Last edited:

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Brumbies lineup looks good but haven't heard of Rory Scott at 7 before, the rest of the starting lineup are well established. Anyone know much about him?

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Force playing well Brumbies starting to get on top I'm set piece, but Force having the better of it so far