• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Consolation try JSav, gets them a BP so they've gotta be happy with that given where they were at HT. Clock goes red & Chiefs win a turnover & penalty. Need to take the 3 & take away the 'canes BP, NZ Conf gunna be so tight it could be crucial come the playoffs.

DMac steps up & nails it, FT Chiefs 26-18 'canes. Hate to be playing either of them next week...........

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
man that was pretty intense. Bird & Retallick owned it and had the Canes pack rattled and off their stride.

Goddamn, Perenara's try was just Iron Horse material. Iron Horse, Iron Will. Still the incumbent AB#9 and he seems to REALLY want to keep that jersey

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
No word on the severity NM-S's ankle injury yet but it's confirmed that TN-W dislocated his shoulder & will be out for 4-6 weeks.

Leitch has been cited for the YC tackle late in the match but no mention of any further action over the TJP incident which surprises me a lot, it being so blatant. As we saw in the Force v Brums game, matches can be won & lost on calls like that being made or not made.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...er-forced-from-the-field-with-an-ankle-injury

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...er-being-cited-for-tackle-on-ricky-riccitelli

Reactions: mst

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
D'Auckland has been hit by another weather bomb bad enough they've had to postpone the Ellerslie horse races, which they don't often do. Not expecting much Polynesian b-ball action this evening. I see Tana has brought back both his tenured AB's plus Tuipulotu with Tu’ungafasi on the bench, suggesting he always had a slightly tighter game plan in mind anyway.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I see Tana has brought back both his tenured AB's
Terrible effort.

F-

See me in my office.

Cantabs pack = tenured AB's. You know it. I know it.

As a trusted cantab, you only need a modicum of performance and you're drafted in.

redklan.jpg

"Might we suggest Joe Moody & Codie Taylor? We said MIGHT WE......"
--Grizz Wyllie, Don Hayes, Reuben Thorne, Blackadder, Mccaw & Deans.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
'canes down to 13 after a high shot but DMac lets them off the hook by missing touch but makes amends from in front, Chiefs 10-6 'canes after 31. Ref reads riot act to Coles re: high tackles & general naughtiness, Coles looks suitably chastened:)

Those first two Canes yellow cards were unbelievably dumb, particularly Fatialofa.

The increase in yellow cards so far this season seems to be more from stupidity than harsher policing of high tackles.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^^ I haven't seen every match but from those I have I think there's been maybe two that would've been penalty only last year, all the rest YC every day of the week so, yes, player stupidity not tougher policing of the Laws.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
It appears to have stopped raining in D'Auckland & forecast is for little or none tonight. They took a fair old drenching, tho, over an inch in the old money between 06:00 & midday so ground will still be on the heavy side but better conditions than for Tribe v 'canes last night. We may get some Polynesian b-ball & a Paremoremo jailbreak or three after all!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Cruel bounce of the ball gifts Fekitoa the opening try, Sopoaga nails it from the sideline. Clan 10-0 Blues & rightly so, they've had all the possession & territory plus their kicking game is causing Collins & West all kinds of trouble at the back.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Naholo gone for the night, Fekitoa off as well for a HIA so Hemopo, a loose forward, has to come on & Evans, their six, goes to wing. If MF stays off that's gotta be adv Blues.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Half an hour in, Clan 10-6 Blues & territory/ possession starting to even up a bit. Good news for Clan, Fekitoa passed his HIA & is back out there.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Forgettable, error-ridden last 10 minutes: both sides need to re-focus, stop trying to throw the miracle pass & play some structured footy. HT Clan 10-6.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
West is having a 'mare: makes a hash of boxkick #242, takes the next but isolated & hangs on too long. Clan 13-6 Bloos. If I'm Tana I'm sending Piers Francis out there, West's confidence is shot to shit.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
West knocks over an easy one before he gets subbed, Clan 13-9.

EDIT: Francis' first touch costs Bloos 40+ metres, straight down Sopoaga's throat & no chase.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Is this match a result of the ARU getting a clause passed yesterday that at least one NZ derby / weekend must be at or below Aus-Super-Rugby-Derby level?

Status
Not open for further replies.