• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I chose Sunwolves because I want the Bulls coach gone. Yeah I know it makes no sense.

Brumbies - will bore the Reads to death

Sharks. Upward curve, Bosch, Argies don't travel well. Argies will look for a fight in the forwards but with the Sharks pack they will get themselves one.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think it is pretty easy to find yourself on the back foot against a team that has a particular strength and a relatively low error rate. The Sunwolves are fast and their discipline is very good. That creates the kind of pressure that see teams who are better on paper lose to teams who are not. Makes me fearful of the Force vs the Kings. The Kings have pretty good breakdown turnover stats- if we play too loosely, we'll let the game slip away.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bizarre end that, Sunwolves win the ruck ~5m from the Bulls line & kick it out but get the win 21-20. Good on 'em, they were the guys playing rugby & fully deserved the win. Bulls seriously need to move on from what worked for them circa 2007-2009 ish.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Bulls almost too shit for words. No Pollard = rudderless. Their ONE attacking strategy was the up and under. From anywhere, to anywhere. Half the time they didnt even bother to chase and contest. Here, you have it, we don't even like rugby. Deserved loss.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Strauss looks like he's about to start crying. Must be the smog :). All class though, gives Sunwolves the credit they deserve & doesn't try to makes excuses e.g. the YC towards the end.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Sunwolves D line is either the quickest & most astutely-diligent in the entire rugby world or they were blazingly offside for most of the match. Snuffed out everything behind the gain line

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Sunwolves D line is either the quickest & most astutely-diligent in the entire rugby world or they were blazingly offside for most of the match. Snuffed out everything behind the gain line

Or the Bulls just have no clue how to make the gain line with ball in hand: scrummie doesn't clear it particularly fast, VotD 5/8 stands waaaaay deep & doesn't even get it half the time, instead they give it to some munter who runs it up 0.5m before falling over exhausted. SANZAAR should do everyone a favour, keep the Cheetahs & put the Bulls out've everyone else's Rugby misery.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
SHIT. FOR. BRAINS.

NEVER works

bluesmaul_zpsqrycacnf.jpg

zer0

John Thornett (49)
That maul was classic Blues rugby. Earn a penalty, put in a good kick to the corner, execute a decent lineout and set up a solid maul moving forward. Then the opposition somehow ends up stealing the ball from the advancing maul, advance 80 metres downfield and slot a penalty goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.