• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Super Rugby 2013, the run home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Crusaders v Chiefs match on Friday night will have a major impact on who out of the Reds or Crusaders snags a home final.

Chiefs will no doubt be pushing hard to try and secure home advantage throughout the finals so it should be a cracker.

Cheetahs need a bonus point win this weekend to have any chance of hosting a final and then it still looks unlikely.

Christopher McDonald

Peter Burge (5)
I think the title will be won by the Chiefs. The only possibility of this not happening, as I see it, is if the Bulls qualify first and therefore play at Loftus where they are virtually unbeatable.

Tackennut

Bob McCowan (2)
Even though I really want the Brumbies to win I took a punt on the Bull early on and got them at 13 to 1 for the win so if they come through I wont be altogether disapointed.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think the title will be won by the Chiefs. The only possibility of this not happening, as I see it, is if the Bulls qualify first and therefore play at Loftus where they are virtually unbeatable.
Watching Crusaders Chiefs and the Crusaders are certainly looking the goods at the business end of he season. The Chiefs are blown off the pitch and don't look a chance for he championship unless the improve.

Glad the Wobs are playing the Lions and not the Saders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, the final six teams are now locked in:

Bulls
Chiefs
Brumbies

Crusaders
Reds
Cheetahs

The final round will determine where they all finish.........

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The final round will determine where they all finish...

You'll get an easy 5 points in Perth. Can still top the table if the Stormers beat the Bulls in Capetown, unless they get 2 bonus points, and if the Blues take down the Chiefs. Given how badly the Blues performed against the Cheetahs, they might have a bit of fire in their bellies this weekend.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
You'll get an easy 5 points in Perth. Can still top the table if the Stormers beat the Bulls in Capetown, unless they get 2 bonus points, and if the Blues take down the Chiefs. Given how badly the Blues performed against the Cheetahs, they might have a bit of fire in their bellies this weekend.

\
In that the Chiefs got a beating from the Crusaders, I think the same logic you are suggesting will also apply to the Chiefs.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Reckon the Chiefs and Brumbies will win this weekend and the Bulls will lose but with a BP which makes:

Chiefs
Bulls
Brumbies

The wild cards:

Crusaders 56 - doesnlt matter if they win or lose to the Canes they have locked in 4th.

Reds on 54
Cheetahs have the bye and will go to 54

Question:
Cheetahs are one point ahead on points difference at this stage. If the Reds lose to the Tahs and the Reds stay on 54, what determines the order between these two? The Cheetahs will have won one more game so it goes to them right?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Reckon the Chiefs and Brumbies will win this weekend and the Bulls will lose but with a BP which makes:

Chiefs
Bulls
Brumbies

The wild cards:

Crusaders 56 - doesnlt matter if they win or lose to the Canes they have locked in 4th.

Reds on 54

Question:
Cheetahs are one point ahead on points difference at this stage. If the Reds lose to the Tahs and the Reds stay on 54, what determines the order between these two? The Cheetahs will have won one more game so it goes to them right?

If that is true, does that send the Reds to Canberra rather than Christchurch?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep, if the Reds lose without a competition point the Cheetahs will overtake them on more wins.........

Hoping that the Blues do us a favour to sneak into a top 2 spot......

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Yep, if the Reds lose without a competition point the Cheetahs will overtake them on more wins...

Hoping that the Blues do us a favour to sneak into a top 2 spot..
Not impossible. Chiefs were shite on Saturday.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

Chiefs
Bulls
Brumbies

The wild cards:

Reds on 54

Question:

If Saders beat the Canes with a 4 try BP and the blues beat the Chiefs with the Chiefs getting no BP, Saders will top the NZ conference. Both teams will finish with 61 points, same number of wins and losses, but the Saders already have a far superior points diff.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
You have money on 13+ ?

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .
No (wish I did, would be some consolation) but I would have hated to see how much the Crusaders would have won by if the played us in the form we were in if they played the way they did against the Chiefs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Yep, if the Reds lose without a competition point the Cheetahs will overtake them on more wins...

I'd like to see a top 2 finish for the Brumbies but for purely selfish reasons I'd be happy for them to finish third as I'm going to be home that weekend (19/20 July) and can make the game. I'm working in Thredbo the following weekend and won't be able to make it to see the game live at Canberra Stadium if they finish first or second.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Regardless of whether you are a Reds or Brumbies fan, I am sure you think the Suncorp draw has left some unfinished business.

I would love to see us face off again.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Reds supporters better start lighting candles, the trip to Pretoria first week is still a distinct possibility. Brumbies and Chiefs win, Bulls and Reds lose and you're on the plane to Safferland on Monday. At this juncture next week's game can be in any of Pretoria, Hamilton, Canberra or Christchurch, the only place it WON'T be is Bloemfontein. Where do ya wanna go?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hamilton or Canberra please. If we have to travel to either Pretoria or Christchurch in the first week, there is a high probability that it will be curtains for our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.