• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks v Wallabies, Loftus Versfeld, Sun 9th Jul 1.05am AEST

Pokinacha

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah ok, that was a nice try!
Against a bokke pack who won the game 40mins ago. Fucking atrocious. If rugby Australia can’t reinvigorate the game in Australia we are lost. I used to be happy knowing that the countries we play against a governed by communists and their real problems are just under the surface with rugby being a filthy facade but I can’t even enjoy that these days.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Good onya Carter. Enjoy that moment.

We have ZERO front row depth. None of the replacements can go to the WC.

Frost has a motor fitness wise but gee he’s a sock in defence. I think we can see how a guy like Gleeson is needed in this team to run with Valetini. Skelton had a couple of turnovers and figure out how to use him in the line out. They can do it in French Club footy somehow…

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
I don’t care what happens from here. Carter Gordon should be our starting 10. We can’t have a 35yo Quade, playing 2nd division Japanese rugby, as our chief play maker. He had a couple of good games in 2021 and everyone thought he was the messiah. He’s never had the mental fortitude to be a test level 10. If we want an experienced 10 - I’d much prefer Foley.
Fair dues, you called it before Timmy H.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
Vuni, Quade, Uelese, Skelton, Hooper, Hooper, Hodge, whight all out of the 22.
Not sure about the M. Hooper hate. He had another tireless effort. What more did you want from him? Breakdown presence? Easier said than done against an attack that constantly made gain line.
Wright will be there again next week. He wasn’t great but considering some of the other poor performances - he wasn’t completely to blame.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
The fact Eddy picked vunivalu is a very big indicator things won't get better. That selection is terrible. The bloke is hardly a super rugby starter.
Skelton. Terrible pick at altitude.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Noah Lolesio is alive again!

Hunter Paisimi, Jake Gordon stay tuned, you could receive a call in any moment lol

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Frost has a motor fitness wise but gee he’s a sock in defence. I think we can see how a guy like Gleeson is needed in this team to run with Valetini. Skelton had a couple of turnovers and figure out how to use him in the line out. They can do it in French Club footy somehow…
I thought both Samu and Valetini were both completely MIA tonight, particularly in attack. Did either of them get over the advantage line once?

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
Slipper post match interview was embarrassing. Seemed so nonplussed about just losing a test match by 40. If they don’t care why should we I guess

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
The fact Eddy picked vunivalu is a very big indicator things won't get better. That selection is terrible. The bloke is hardly a super rugby starter.
Skelton. Terrible pick at altitude.
Skelton looked tired, he has played a looong season so far and he's a proved test international. Dont bother him

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Wright had a good game. Where is this bullshit coming from. He made all of his tackles and assisted a try. You can't do much when your whole team is playing like shit.
Absolutely. Tom Hooper was poor in defence, Hodge is not good enough to this level and I can keep naming players. Wright was OK tonight, he's still in my team

Overtime

Herbert Moran (7)
Carter Gordon, Hollaway, Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase), Ryan Lonergan, Bell, Tupou, Two new second rowers but not sure who and Gleeson to come in. Out Skelton, Frost, Cooper, M Hooper, White, Vunivalu, Two reserve props, Ulesese (Sorry cyclops for misspelling his name).

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
11 to 3 penalties. And one of the 3 penalties was probably not. Am's turnover. Prob a fair representation and correct calls. Toninly give away 3 penalties in a test match is next level. I guess the boks had the ball the whole game so how can you give away penalties when they usually come from defending.
11 penlaties from us is 5 to many if we want to be challenging for anything.

The boks def got all 50/50 calls with small things. knock ons and forward passes.
Not sure if it's from the rassi pressure? I wonder if we will see it continue.