• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

South Africa v Wales - 11.00pm AEST 22nd Jun

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Stan is broadcasting the South Africa v Wales game @ 11pm 22nd Jun

Teams:

South Africa:
15 Aphelele Fassi, 14 Edwill van der Merwe, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Jordan Hendrikse, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit (captain), 6 Kwagga Smith, 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Vincent Koch, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Ox Nche.
Replacements: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Ntuthuko Mchunu, 18 Frans Malherbe, 19 Salmaan Moerat, 20 Ben-Jason Dixon, 21 Grant Williams, 22 Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu, 23 Damian de Allende.

Wales: 15 Cameron Winnett, 14 Liam Williams, 13 Owen Watkin, 12 Mason Grady, 11 Rio Dyer, 10 Sam Costelow, 9 Ellis Bevan, 8 Aaron Wainwright, 7 James Botham, 6 Taine Plumtree, 5 Ben Carter, 4 Matthew Screech, 3 Keiron Assiratti, 2 Dewi Lake (captain), 1 Gareth Thomas.
Replacements: 16 Evan Lloyd, 17 Kemsley Mathias, 18 Harri O’Connor, 19 James Ratti, 20 Mackenzie Martin, 21 Gareth Davies, 22 Eddie James, 23 Jacob Beetham.

Date: Saturday, June 22
Venue: Twickenham, London
Kick-off: 13.00 GMT
Expected weather: Light rain with a high of 22°C and a low of 12°C.
Referee: Chris Busby (Ireland)
Assistant referees: Christophe Ridley (England), Adam Leal (England)
TMO: Mark Patton (Ireland)

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Why is the game at twickenham?

1719050754823.png

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, this game went just about how I thought it would. Wales never really looked like scoring and only got on the board off the back of SA mistakes, such as the bobbling lineout knock back which lead to their one try.

I'm optimistic that the Wallabies should be a fair chance against this Welsh side. There was a lot a defensive errors by them close to the rucks (SA players were slicing through them like swiss cheese at times) and they are trying a rush defence which means there's space on the edges, especially if you can pull in defenders which SA did.

The issue for the Wallabies will be the same as it has for a while now, they really need to play a clean game free of unforced errors and silly penalties.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watched it live last night. I thought early on the Boks were going to blow Wales out of the water and they would have had they been a bit more accurate. The Boks swift, flat ball movement to the edges opened up space that can fully be taken advantage of if you have enough speed out wide. We'll need to punch in close to the ruck and get some quick ball to make that happen though. We should be kicking for the corners and pressuring their line out as well. Assuming we pick guys like Cale and Frost we should be challenging every throw. The worry will be the scrum. I don't want us piggybacking them down the field to get in range for Costelloe to keep slotting penalties. That will be death by a thousand cuts.

I'm confident that if we can get the ball into Wright and Kellaway's hands often enough and they make good decisions we'll score plenty of times.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Welsh backline defence looks very iffy. But the crucial factor will be if the Wallaby scrum can hold its own. The Welsh scrum and forward play generally was solid and the pack seemed to hunt as a pack. They will be a test for our likely forward pack I think.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I am actually a bit miffed by the pessimism around our front row. As long as the likely 6 top contenders stay fit I don’t see any issues at all, against any team in the world. I will however add that Billy Pollard is the weak link, but I think he will be fine off the bench against Wales and Georgia and after that BPA should come into the fold.

Tomthumb

John Solomon (38)
I am actually a bit miffed by the pessimism around our front row. As long as the likely 6 top contenders stay fit I don’t see any issues at all, against any team in the world. I will however add that Billy Pollard is the weak link, but I think he will be fine off the bench against Wales and Georgia and after that BPA should come into the fold.
It’s from watching them get dominated in Super rugby up front for the most part. AAA was dominated in the scrums vs the Blues in the semi