• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pick of the games quality wise. Been flicking through all of them.

Warringah marching back from 35/8 to 35/22 with 20 mins left against Gordon.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Jude Gibbs proving he's not only a great attacking 5/8 but is very strong in defense. I believe he caused 4/5 turnovers for the norths.
He’s a great player. Deserves a chance at a Super Team if he keeps this up. O’Donnell very solid in Defence.

Hunter v Uni turned out to be cracker. Gordon ended up with a big 49/29 win. Harrison Goddard very good along with Jack McGregor.

dusk

Vay Wilson (31)
He’s a great player. Deserves a chance at a Super Team if he keeps this up.
Definitely, not sure to what extent this rumor is true but i heard he was apart of the sea eagles academy in 2022, glad he made the switch back if that is true. And yes O'Donnell is looking very strong in both attack and defense. Can't wait for Easts vs Norths, going to be a spectacle.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Eastwood played like merde. Parra played most of the second half with 14 men, and had an easy penalty kick to win the game after the bell. Missed it.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
I have been Eastwood through and through since the days when we propped up the table. Not sure what has happened, but we will be lucky to win a handful of games this year.
To me they look like a side that hasn’t renewed itself much since they lost to Gordon in the GF a few years back and has lost a few players along the way. There will be a point of the year they will get Edmed & Wilson which is huge. Don’t think you’ll see Nawaquinatawse though.

Such a condensed competition it will be hard if you drop a number of games but also keep the table close enough to get yourself into the finals like Gordon did last year and Manly just fell through the floor.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
To me they look like a side that hasn’t renewed itself much since they lost to Gordon in the GF a few years back and has lost a few players along the way. There will be a point of the year they will get Edmed & Wilson which is huge. Don’t think you’ll see Nawaquinatawse though.

Such a condensed competition it will be hard if you drop a number of games but also keep the table close enough to get yourself into the finals like Gordon did last year and Manly just fell through the floor.
We really should have beaten Uni, and then I reckon we could have won the GF. I think there is a lot of energy (and money) going into the big move, at the same time TG is not being properly maintained, the crowds are falling off. We had Michael Icely playing lock yesterday, which is an indicator that something is basically wrong.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
watched easts & manly y day does anyone else think they got lost in the moment a bit & the 3rd strike they had at it in the 84th should have kicked the 3 & walked away with an away draw?

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
We really should have beaten Uni, and then I reckon we could have won the GF. I think there is a lot of energy (and money) going into the big move, at the same time TG is not being properly maintained, the crowds are falling off. We had Michael Icely playing lock yesterday, which is an indicator that something is basically wrong.
Just saw Two Blues won 2nd Grade 56/26 and 3rd grade 34/19. I’m glad the Two Blues have some depth but might explain Icely in the Row. Might get Anstee back after Super Rugby also. He’s a weapon at Club level.

Crashy

John Solomon (38)
watched easts & manly y day does anyone else think they got lost in the moment a bit & the 3rd strike they had at it in the 84th should have kicked the 3 & walked away with an away draw?
yeah was thinking the same. An away draw is almost as good as a home win. Was standing with the father of one of the Easts players and some of the lower graders - jeez these blokes are just kids up close. Was asking about Jack Grant - apparently overseas as Tahs could only give him a 12 month contract. One thing we do produce in Aus is a lot of halfbacks.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
yeah was thinking the same. An away draw is almost as good as a home win. Was standing with the father of one of the Easts players and some of the lower graders - jeez these blokes are just kids up close. Was asking about Jack Grant - apparently overseas as Tahs could only give him a 12 month contract. One thing we do produce in Aus is a lot of halfbacks.
Easts are really young right across the Club. Think it shows that a lot of their games become close. They can score but can’t close one down against men.

Jack Grant was a decent player but I do like the look of Teddy Wilson (Easts also) and Goddard is a very good footballer who has a strong history with Coleman. I reckon Grant made a smart decision to prolong a professional career. Halfback is a tough job here. We complain about Wallaby 9s but we produce a lot of Super Rugby level guys. There were 3 Super Rugby capped 9s playing SS on the weekend with Goddard, Albert, Strang.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Easts are really young right across the Club. Think it shows that a lot of their games become close. They can score but can’t close one down against men.

Jack Grant was a decent player but I do like the look of Teddy Wilson (Easts also) and Goddard is a very good footballer who has a strong history with Coleman. I reckon Grant made a smart decision to prolong a professional career. Halfback is a tough job here. We complain about Wallaby 9s but we produce a lot of Super Rugby level guys. There were 3 Super Rugby capped 9s playing SS on the weekend with Goddard, Albert, Strang.

Hang on i've only just worked this out, Easts are going with Wilson & Bowen this year? Both these kids could still play colts couldn't they? & Lancaster still to come back in is this is insanely young! no wonder they rolled the dice y day

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hang on i've only just worked this out, Easts are going with Wilson & Bowen this year? Both these kids could still play colts couldn't they? & Lancaster still to come back in is this is insanely young! no wonder they rolled the dice y day
Yeah both there and could be playing Colts. The forwards are full of kids as well like Marolt from the Tahs.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Arguably yes but you 'only' get an extra point with the draw vs. 3 extra for a win

So if you think you score a try with a strong enough probability it makes sense to go for it - haven't watched this game to see if it was the right call specifically.