• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Round 12 Team Lists
Gordon vs Eastern Suburbs
Gordon:
1. Aritema Ralulu, 2. James Wilkinson, 3. Tobias Guikabau, 4. Mark Johnson, 5. Ruairidh Wilson, 6. Luke Papworth, 7. Luke Rissman, 8, Harry Rorke, 9, Terry Preston, 10. Will Shirvington, 11. Lucas Simkin, 12. Tom Matthews, 13. Erik Moss, 14. Matt McDougall, 15. Sione Ala
Eastern Suburbs:
1. Clay Brodie , 2. Clarrie Moore , 3. Jake Ilnicki , 4. Fergus Lee-Warner, 5. Kyle Baillie , 6. Tala Gray , 7. James Graham , 8, Sam Stitcher (C), 9, Jack Grant , 10. Robbie Mate, 11. Will Paterson , 12. Archie King , 13. Will Fay, 14. Charlie Clifton , 15. Jono Lance

Manly vs Parramatta
Manly:
1. Dane Maraki, 2. Dave Porecki, 3. Andrew Collins, 4. Ed Gower, 5. Ryan Melrose, 6. Harry Bergelin, 7. Mitch Daniel, 8, Dan Alley, 9, Matt Lucas (capt), 10. Sam Lane, 11. Chris Yarrington, 12. Reece Hodge, 13. Peter Gilmore, 14. Richard Hooper, 15. Brenden Hartmann
Parramatta:
1. Nick Blacklock, 2. Liu Taituave, 3. Louis Musson, 4. Peter Brush, 5. Evan Olmstead, 6. Kura Lalaga, 7. Daniel Tamone/Evan Tuckwell, 8, Andrew Cox, 9, Dan Tully, 10. Nathan Langsford, 11. Petero Satogo, 12. Chris Nay, 13. Feka Silva, 14. Larry Hermens, 15. Tom Woods

Penrith vs West Harbour
Penrith:
1. Emanuele Fuamatu, 2. Samiuela Tuitupou, 3. Luke Bryan, 4. Doug Want, 5. Joe Neikere, 6. Tu'itakau Kioa, 7. Sam Siaki, 8, Jason Havea ©, 9, Michael Baysaat, 10. Campbell Hislop, 11. Sione Pusi'aki Fifita, 12. Ben Vai, 13. Paueli Halafihi, 14. David Isopa, 15. Luke Flower
West Harbour :
1. Dave Lolohea, 2. Daniel Midghall, 3. Michael Ala'alatoa, 4. Bradford Kapa, 5. Tom Games ©, 6. Kelly Meafua, 7. Cohen Masson, 8, Matt Coles, 9, Max Beer, 10. Ben James, 11. Tito Mua, 12. Rory Clegg, 13. Rory Sidey, 14. Joel Brooks, 15. Angus Le Lievre

Randwick vs Sydney University
Randwick:
1. Tristain Goodbody, 2. Adam Freier, 3. Dashville Kuate, 4. Dave Parsons, 5. Will Munro, 6. Sam Figg , 7. Jack Johnson, 8, Mark Baldwin, 9, Mitch Short, 10. David Horwitz, 11. Tom Hiddleston, 12. Henry Hutchinson, 13. Brogan Roods, 14. Latu Latinipalu, 15. Andrew Norton
Sydney University:
1. Alastair Ryan, 2. Thomas Coolican, 3. Tomas Robertson, 4. Rohan O'Regan, 5. Matthew Philip, 6. Mitchell Whiteley, 7. David Hickey, 8, Calum Buckling, 9, Jake Gordon, 10. Jock Merriman, 11. Greg Jeloudev, 12. Will Davies, 13. Jim Stewart, 14. Christian Yassmin, 15. Chris Chapman

Southern Districts vs Eastwood (Televised Live on 7TWO)
Southern Districts:
1. Salesi Maumalanga, 2. Max Holland, 3. Willie Maumalanga, 4. Fili Tufui, 5. Jake Douglas, 6. Andrew Leota, 7. Jono Hayes, 8, Marcus Carbone, 9, Dewet Roos, 10. Ben Volavola, 11. Alex Gibbon, 12. Apolosi Latunipulu , 13. Denny Godinet, 14. Feluela Finau, 15. Paul Asquith
Eastwood:
1. Martin Plokstys, 2. Sam Needs, 3. Rob Lagudi, 4. James Neale, 5. Jared Barry, 6. Michael Kovacic, 7. Hugh Perrett, 8, Pat Sio, 9, Matt Gonzalez, 10. Jai Ayoub, 11. John Grant, 12. Tom Hill, 13. Mike McDougall, 14. Ben Shorter, 15. Ben Batger

Warringah vs Northern Suburbs
Warringah:
1. Rory O'Connor, 2. Robert Kelly, 3. Wayne Borsack, 4. Junior Palau, 5. Vincent Wright, 6. James Cunningham, 7. Sam Crompton, 8, Sam Ward, 9, Josh Holmes, 10. Hamish Angus, 11. Chris Arnold, 12. Josh Gillard, 13. Michael Adams, 14. Jamie Forbes, 15. Dave Feltscheer
Northern Suburbs:
1. Tyron Rota, 2. Will Weeks, 3. Kevin McNamara, 4. Nick Palmer, 5. Mike O'Hea, 6. Ben Matwijow, 7. Will Miller, 8, Michael Wells, 9, Tim Duchesne, 10. Josh Kay, 11. Lochie Creagh, 12. Lachlan Porteous, 13. Peter Schuster, 14. Richard Woolf, 15. John Porch

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Dave Harvey in 2's this week
Also Rory Clegg at 12 - I have not managed to watch the game against Souths where he played fullback but he was good against MMMs.
West Harbour getting some strange cameos this season - are they looking for contracts at Ulster or here?

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
He was doing a good job on 7 two - we might get hookercam.

No way that will happen whilst he is playing for the Wicks. 7two loves the Wicks that much that they have had them on TV so many times, let me count them up... that right its once!

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
No way that will happen whilst he is playing for the Wicks. 7two loves the Wicks that much that they have had them on TV so many times, let me count them up. that right its once!

Makes you wonder why they leave that bloody tower in the way :mad:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Tipped 6/6 from Round 11 but was wildly out on a few of the margins.

Round 12 Tips
Gordon v Eastern Suburbs. Beasties have had a tough year after a promising start when they touched up The Corporation at Bowral. Gordon have a few injuries to key players but still should have sufficient depth to defend fortress Chatswood from the wise men of the East. Highlanders by 7-15.

Manly v Parramatta. M2B are a team on the improve but the MMM will be just too good and will run away with the game after oranges. I'm tipping some hard core VB drinkers from the West will be converted to decent beer after sampling some of Nomad Brewery's fine product offerings at The Village Green. MMM by 15 - 20.

Penrith v West Harbour. The Pirates will raid Nepean Rugby Park and steal all the chocolates. Pirates by > 25.

Randwick v Sydney University. To counter the youth in the Princess department, The Gallopers have raided the retirement home for their Hooker. The Wix gain will be the TV viewers loss as Adam Freier will not be doing commentary for the Channel 7Two telecast. Another "first year out of school" player makes his debut for the Gallopers but the injury crisis at BuildCorp sees The Corporation start with two Colts eligible players and plenty in their first year out of Colts, so there will be plenty of young'uns running around Coogee Oval tomorrow. Wix were ambushed in tempestuous conditions at No 1 Oval when these teams met earlier, but I'm tipping that the Wix will have the necessary depth to win at home. The Gallopers by 14.

Southern Districts v Eastwood. Even though their previous clash was rather close, Woodies will be red hot favourites for this matchup but the Hobbits at home are always tough opponents and they never give up until Sir has blown the Acme Thunderer for Game Over. The Hobbits have their 7's speedsters back and the back 3 clash alone will be worth the admission price. Missing Jed Holloway will make it tough for the Hobbits up front, particularly given the class of the Woodies loosies. I'm putting the money on the Woodies in a come from behind victory by < 7.

Warringah v Northern Suburbs. Another great battle is in prospect, and I think the home town advantage for The Shoremen won't be enough to tip the scales in their favour, although The Shoremen will make it very difficult for the Rats and could even be leading at Oranges. I've got Speedy Dave Feltscheer to break the game open, and the hearts of the Red and Black faithful, midway through the second stanza. Rats by 7-15.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yep, Gordon will be too solid for Easts in what is likely to be a dour arm wrestle.
Manly pigs will dominate Parra and set up a convincing win.
West Harbour will be too strong for Penriff
Wicks younger brigade is better than Uni's youngsters,so they will win.
Woodies will grind away for a win against Souths .
Rats will get away with a Win against an inexperienced Norths in what I think is the match of the round.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Hey guys. Question about Sam Chalmers (Scottish U20 international and son of former Scotland fly half Craig) who was banned for 2 years, which is finishing today. He's taken a year off to come to Sydney, and has been training at Southern Districts throughout the last 6 months of the ban (according to WADA regulations). He's obviously not playing first grade, but has been named at any level to play this week?

EDIT: Been named at fullback for 4ths. Once he's got a bit of match fitness, don't think he'll be there too long. Whether he'll be big enough for professional level is yet to be seen, but he's got a buttload of rugby talent. The others who fall into the same trap as him should be kept from making the same mistakes, both through his own actions and Lineen's SOS squad for 18-23 year olds.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^ Is he the bloke that featured in a "I made a really dumb mistake" sort of 14 minute-ish documentary that is shown from time to time on fox sports?

If so, he sounds like a pretty genuine sort of fellow that is really contrite for some of the poor choices he has made.

Good on the Hobbits for giving him a fair go.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Yep, that's the boy. Good lad. Loads of talent, but unfortunately saw him fall into the classic Scottish trap of preferring Monsters and Athletes who can play rugby rather than rugby players who can become athletes or monsters.

As I said, ended up being horrible for him, but he did a buttload of work at last year's tournament in NZ talking about the issues that made him consider it, and did the 15 minute interview that shows up reasonably often. And a kick up the arse for the SRU too, and the Short or Skinny program that Lineen is managing should hopefully divert those lads on the verge of temptation away from less than legit methods of improvement.

Wonderful from the Hobbits for giving him a go, but he's a Melrose boy through and through, unless he somehow picks up an NRC contract he'll be straight home.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Yep. Old as **** club. 1870 something. Quite a lot of internationals. Small place, population about 3 or 4 thousand. 9 or 10 championships since professionalism. Virtually invented Sevens, and host the longest running tournament in history, annual since about 1882 I think, outside the war years.

Not a bad club to be running around at learning your craft since you were 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.