• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Out of a squad of nearly 50 I only noticed Steve Lamont, Junior To'o and the Manly player Paul Dan who was a lower grader at Manly. May of played the occasional game of firsts but usually due to injury from memory.[/quot
They'll be a tough hitout, especially if Newcastle field their strongest side in one of the games rather than mixing them together into two teams. There are plenty of players in the N/H side who could mix it in the Sydney comp IMO. In fact theres actually a player in the N/H side who played first grade with Manly back in the mid 00's.

Not sure how strong a side Manly will send up here, but it should be a good quality couple of games. There are a couple of other trial games but not heaps up here, I know our club has this weekend off so there should be a decent crowd.

According to the local tabloid the Manly team is;
1.Dave Porecki 2.Andrew Collins 3. Tim Fairbrother 4.Ed Gower 5.Ryan Melrose 6.Dylan Sigg 7.Andrew Davis 8. Harry Bergelin 9. Max Wood
10. Sam Lane 11.Plo Kautoga 12.Peter Gilmore 13.Will Helu 14.Richard Hooper 15.Jacob Woodhouse.

Not a bad outfit with a heap of super 15 and other reps to come......

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Who's still to come there? Siale, Lucas, Hartmann, Sefanaia, Cottee, Metusala, Reid, Peterson... Who have I missed?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Who's still to come there? Siale, Lucas, Hartmann, Sefanaia, Cottee, Metusala, Reid, Peterson. Who have I missed?
K Ale, Neville, Eddie, Hilterbrand, Dane, Maile , is Ryan Hodgson back? I thought Elvis was coming back? Is O Hoskins back?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Hingano was another one I failed to mention.. Sione Ala? What happened to Scott Daruda?
The Beat seems to have it right but Daruda to Norths, don't believe Hodgson is back - Elvis yes not sure on Hoskins , Hingano out injured at least to mid season, add Chris Yarrington but word is Chris Cottee is to hang up his boots hence Lucas signing on - adds depth at 9 and 10.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm surprised nobody waited until Daruda was really desperate for any Super Rugby contract at all and then picked him up on the cheap, the bloke goes okay and would be a great back-up at 1st or 2nd 5/8 experience wise.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
At the risk of being accused of bias, I have to say the new Wicks web site looks pretty bloody good!
It does look good. Still a few menu items to be populated and a rough edge or two but it's very nice looking. Expensive? I seem to remember reading somewhere that Uni's site had a 5 figure redevelopment a while back but my memory could be faulty.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
It does look good. Still a few menu items to be populated and a rough edge or two but it's very nice looking. Expensive? I seem to remember reading somewhere that Uni's site had a 5 figure redevelopment a while back but my memory could be faulty.

I don't know.
The old site was maintained by a volunteer ie mother of an ex-player.
Not sure who did the re-design.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Have to agree, good job Wicks.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see Warringah have revamped their website as well, and Southern Districts too (I think). Good to see the amount of info on some club websites. A few could probably take another look at the potential value of their sites.

Franky

Peter Burge (5)
Sam Harris coach of Warringah is off to Japan to coach, leaving the job of coaching Warringah 1st to Haig Sare.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Lurking around on the Wicks new web site and I see that Green and Gold Rugbys Own Bob Dwyer is Club President for the Wicks.

Didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.