• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Senate enquiry into Australian Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Not to mention the utter fucking batshit crazy s.44 disqualifications, party defections and same sex marriage results. Canberra is a flaming rubbish bin fire at the moment!

@brokendown is right - the scope is broader than just the Force's removal, and the findings might be interesting reading for us rugby nerds, but with that ^ as the backdrop, it hasn't got a hope of making a splash beyond web forums and the smattering of media on the rugby beat (most of whom are in Blighty preparing for Saturday's showdown).

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
It is an horrendous product from J&;J that has ruined the lives of many women. There is a class action lawsuit going on at the moment.
]It is a product from J&J that has been used horrendously by by some gynaecologists that have ruined the lives of many women. There is a class action lawsuit going on at the moment.- corrected it for you

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
]It is a product from J&J that has been used horrendously by by some gynaecologists that have ruined the lives of many women. There is a class action lawsuit going on at the moment.- corrected it for you

Well I sincerely apolagise to those women affected who might be upset by my statement - I plead ignorance on this topic. And a worthy senate inquiry too.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That's a bit rough JP. To get a Senate Inquiry up and running presumably requires a majority of Senators to vote for it. Would require a lot of votes from places other than WA.
Probably more it needs the interests of a group of senators in the major parties to be represented. If that group was WA senators, and it could be seen as beneficial for the major parties to look like they are doing something for WA, it would happen. There seems to be a hard done by at the hands of the east narrative that plays well in WA - both sides would want to get in on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
That's a bit rough JP. To get a Senate Inquiry up and running presumably requires a majority of Senators to vote for it. Would require a lot of votes from places other than WA.

No it wouldn't. It would just require little or no opposition. If a few senators really wanted something like this to happen, and there was nobody against it, it would happen, assuming that those senators were well connected.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon it's pretty unlikely the Senate Committee's report into rugby will get tabled anytime soon (potentially not this month).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon it's pretty unlikely the Senate Committee's report into rugby will get tabled anytime soon (potentially not this month).

They got through the introduction of the Marriage Equality Bill quickly so maybe it will be snuck in tonight. If it doesn't make it today though I think it gets delayed for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.