• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

S18 on its way

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Its a bit hypothetical though. Who's to say that Brumbies would not have taken a different strategy throughout the season if the points system was different?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But they're not scrapping the losing bonus point, so even under the new system the Brumbies still would've finished ahead of the Crusaders by one competition point...............

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
It sets up a better finish in close games
Teams can loose the bonus point in last minutes or win it
Teams can deny a rival a bonus point etc

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Thought this happened a lot in the current version aswell? :)

Sorry I didnt mean very close games that either team can win by a try or less.
This version means you can be three tries down but score at end to deny a bonus point - old system once you get 4 tries you get a point no matter what.
For me its 6 and 2 3s but I think it will add some interesting moments at the tail end of the season

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Sorry I didnt mean very close games that either team can win by a try or less.
This version means you can be three tries down but score at end to deny a bonus point - old system once you get 4 tries you get a point no matter what.
For me its 6 and 2 3s but I think it will add some interesting moments at the tail end of the season
I'll be surprise if a team are three tries down and score one back. You are mentally out and will rather lose by six tries. I like the rule change.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The one which has the Brumbies qualify for the finals ahead of the Crusaders..

In 2015 both teams had won 9 games and lost 7.

2015 Brumbies: TB(6), LB(5) Total: 47
2015 Crusader: TB(8), LB(2) Total: 46

*TB= Try Bonus
*LB= Losing Bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be sorry if the changes cause the game to become more predictable with less attacking flair on show, but I do have an aversion to losing sides earning points in the competition. Time will tell.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Same with Canberra. Winter's more likely to bring fog and extreme cold (the BIL supporters were shocked how cold it was at the 2013 match) than rain. Sometimes there's snow on the field! The sooner Canberra builds a Dunedin-style stadium the better.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Same with Canberra. Winter's more likely to bring fog and extreme cold (the BIL supporters were shocked how cold it was at the 2013 match) than rain. Sometimes there's snow on the field! The sooner Canberra builds a Dunedin-style stadium the better.
Very infrequent times Lindommer. In twenty years following and attending Brumbiers'games, I can remember snow on the ground on only one occasion - the weekend West Tigers also played the Raiders and it was reported to be the first time many of the Tigers' players had ever seen snow.

Doesn't need to be snowing for Canberra to be very cold on a winter's night. I concur wholeheartedly with the need for a covered ground.

T

TOCC

I went to a couple of games when I lived in Canberra, it wasn't snowing but it was still bloody cold, I decided to watch them at the pub after that.

T

TOCC

On the topic of points, this pool makes for interesting reading..
946c326e9eb767b2442a0a7ea1115ed6.jpg

T

TOCC

So besides the new bonus point system, the new rules adopted in 2016 are:

-Teams awarded a penalty after time has expired will be able to opt for a lineout from now on, and;

- kickers will have just 60 seconds to take their shot from the time a try has been scored or a penalty given.

It's the shot clock rule which has me most intrigued, this is going to make conversions much more difficult, 60 secs isn't a long time and is going to see conversion percentages drop drastically In 2016 I think. It will also make it less attractive for a team to take a penalty kick at goal.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So besides the new bonus point system, the new rules adopted in 2016 are:

-Teams awarded a penalty after time has expired will be able to opt for a lineout from now on, and;

- kickers will have just 60 seconds to take their shot from the time a try has been scored or a penalty given.

It's the shot clock rule which has me most intrigued, this is going to make conversions much more difficult, 60 secs isn't a long time and is going to see conversion percentages drop drastically In 2016 I think. It will also make it less attractive for a team to take a penalty kick at goal.

I actually have to say, this one makes me quite happy. There's too much time wastage from place kicks.

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.