• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: Should we be cynical

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does the influx of money outweigh the financial apathy created by a RWC loss in NZ?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
There's about 3 different points to this thread and I'll take up one of them.

I reckon, on form, England would beat Australia or France. However, both Australia and France have a better chance of beating New Zealand. South Africa I just don't rate at all. I reckon South Africa could lose to a Wales or Ireland pretty easily.

H

hougiebear

Some good points made here.

As an Irish fan, hard to make out exactly where our team is and Australians rightly should believe they have nothing real or tangible to fear from Ireland as our performances since 09 have not elicited any sit-up and watch out for these guys response from the SH powerhouses.

I will say one thing though, Sean O'Brien is a very good player. He was voted ERC European Player of the Year this year so he isn't exactly a hyped up flash in the pan. Heaslip is a good solid 8 and has proven his worth with Leinster. Ferris is bolloxed lads, he is not going to get more than 20 minutes a game as an impact sub in the RWC if he is lucky. As for the rest, well its a mixed bag as far as the warm-up games go - The France and England matches over the next two weeks will basically show everyone where Ireland really are in terms of readiness for the RWC.

As much as I don't really believe in club form sifting over to international form, if Australians really believe that the Reds' Super 15 victory is indicative of things to come then you might want to know that Since 06, thats in the last six seasons the Heineken Cup has been won 4 times by Irish teams, Munster in 06,08 and Leinster in 09,11 - just some food for thought to the ones that do think club form is important (which in reality it isn't)

P

potogold

sean o brien is immense. he would get into the ozzie pack at 6. you will all see

Status
Not open for further replies.