• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 2 NZ v FRA (Millenium Stadium) 18th Oct 0600 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Geez I was there too WOB, thought I saw you there!! I went down to it on a bus from Cossie Club!!

Was every NZ fan on this site there that day? I was end on into the teeth of the southerly.

With my black tinted glasses on I think the Wobs could have fielded 30 players and they still would have lost.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^ you poor bastard, at least our seats were roughly half way up the Millard Stand & with everyone in their WWG or Swandri we were packed in so tight I barely noticed how wet it was. Double-gloves made the hip flask of Jameson's damned awkward to open, tho :)

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
It was miserable for the first five minutes ;). Lomu basically dived over right in front of me.

There was nothing quite like the horrendous conditions that could happen at Athletic Park. Near hurricane force winds straight from Antarctica.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
12118859_1219688608044983_5586400375844875777_n.jpg

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was every NZ fan on this site there that day? I was end on into the teeth of the southerly.

With my black tinted glasses on I think the Wobs could have fielded 30 players and they still would have lost.

Yep I was at top layer of Millard Stand, about halfway mark, front row. It was liking watching a chess game below, the best seats I have ever had at a rugby match!!
And I a bit disappointed that WOB was weak enough to require gloves!! From what I recall the beers I had on bus on way down helped to insulate me!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Seems all the rugby talk is about bloody buses:

1. The Julian Savea Bus that a number of Les Frogges threw themselves under.
2. The Bus of Public Humiliation that Joubers was thrown under by the IRB.
3. The Special Bus timetables from the Levin Cosmopolitan Club to Athletic Park.:)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Seem to recall there were 2 buses that day WOB, I was on the one with the Athletic boys, China, Wayne Winiata etc etc.

You must be right, I'm sure I'd remember if China and/ or Wayne were on the bus plus I recall Peter Fieldes having the bus do a slow drive-by of a coupla nearby pubs to see if we could spot you guys.

Yep I was at top layer of Millard Stand, about halfway mark, front row. It was liking watching a chess game below, the best seats I have ever had at a rugby match!!
And I a bit disappointed that WOB was weak enough to require gloves!! From what I recall the beers I had on bus on way down helped to insulate me!!

Never had the privilege of sitting in the top deck, did you take your own oxygen masks or were they handed out at Base Camp? As for the double-glove thing, maybe it was the Jameson's making the hip flask difficult to open..............

Seems all the rugby talk is about bloody buses:

3. The Special Bus timetables from the Levin Cosmopolitan Club to Athletic Park.:)

Trust me, when you live in Levin you're always acutely aware of when the next opportunity to hit the big smoke without having to worry about driving home will arise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.