• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: NAM v NZL (Olympic Park): Pool C

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Ref: Poite
AR's: Joubert & Raynal
TMO: Ayoub again.

This is the kinda match I'm sure the players hate: win by 100+ & the nay-Sayers are all "yeah, well, it was only [x] so of course they'd win by 100+"; win by less than 100 & those same nay-Sayers are all "FFS it was only [x], they shoulda won by 120+" :) :) :)

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Easiest Superbru pick ever! Except if you're after the margin point, in which case it's like finding a needle in a haystack.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Namibia: 15 Johan Tromp, 14 David Philander, 13 JC Greyling, 12 Johan Deysel, 11 Conrad Marais, 10 Theuns Kotzè, 9 Eugene Jantjies, 8 Leneve Damens, 7 Tinus du Plessis, 6 Jacques Burger (capt), 5 Pieter-Jan van Lill, 4 Tjiuee Uanivi, 3 Johannes Coetzee, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 Jaco Engels.
Replacements: 16 Louis van der Westhuizen, 17 Casper Viviers, 18 Raoul Larson, 19 Renaldo Bothma, 20 Janco Venter, 21 Rohan Kitshoff, 22 Eneill Buitendag, 23 Chrysander Botha.

New Zealand: 15 Colin Slade, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara, 8 Victor Vito, 7 Sam Cane (c), 6 Liam Messam, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Ben Franks.
Replacements: 16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Tony Woodcock, 19 Kieran Read, 20 Richie McCaw, 21 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 22 Ma'a Nonu, 23 Ben Smith.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
7 Sam Cane (c)

canemccaw_zps4541ea02.png

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've got only a 50 margin here. Namibia looked alright lately after they sacked their coach. Burger to rack up 30+ tackles and 3 steals.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Interesting that after all the talk about Vito and/ or Kaino being our fourth lock, even to the point of them wearing the 4 bib at training, our backup for this one at least is Read. Makes sense given he's often our second most-effective ball winner but kinda goes against the extra LF v extra lock theory.

While on Read, he hasn't looked that flash since the head knock esp tackling-wise, thinking he's maybe a little gun-shy, even if only sub-consciously, hopefully the big occasion brings out the Read of old.

I've got only a 50 margin here. Namibia looked alright lately after they sacked their coach. Burger to rack up 30+ tackles and 3 steals.

Tend to agree, any100+ talk is misplaced these days IMO.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't think they'll win by 100+ but I wouldn't be surprised if they do. The All Blacks put 50+ on tier 1 teams from time to time and Namibia are a long way from being a tier 1 team. They'd likely get well beaten by most of the tier 2 sides.

Can't be sure about that though. Their level at the moment is a bit unknown as they haven't played any recent warm up games against quality opposition.

Chunderstruck

Alex Ross (28)
I don't think we're going to see any 100+ scores in this tournament, which is great.

Fekitoa got bounced for that try

NZ looking a bit sluggish at times, getting tackled while passing

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Namibian amateurs

Jaco Engels (prop) - coach and consultant at Windhoek school

Tinus du Plessis (flanker) - foreign exchange broker

Johan Tromp (full-back) salesman at an outdoor cycling shop

Louis van der Westhuizen - student

Raoul Larson - student teacher

Janco Venter - engineering student

Rohan Kitshoff - mechanical engineer at a brewery

Eneill Buitendag - insurance broker

Johnny Redelinghuys - construction firm boss

Darryl de la Harpe - manager of his father's cylinder company

AJ de Klerk - farmer

Danie Van Wyk - engineer at a diamond mining company

PJ van Lill - a dentist who is currently playing professional rugby at Bayonne, France

Status
Not open for further replies.