• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: IRL v CAN (Millennium Stadium) Pool D

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
The pretender to Murray Kinsella's throne, Neil Treacy, has a good piece up on the42.ie about Ireland's scrums against Canada. He demonstrates how the Irish scrum didn't try to push, move, destabilize, or win any penalties on any of the scrums. Rather, they just kept the scrums solid and stable, and then used those stable platforms to create backline plays.

Probably easier to do against Canada's current scrum, but still an interesting read.

Analysis: Ireland hold back at scrum time to unleash training ground moves

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Even though against Canada, I would rate the Irish performance the best of all the tier one nations in action this weekend. Clinical in attack and defence and looked the real deal. Worrying for the Ireland camp is that the second best performance of the tier one sides arguably belonged to France.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Even though against Canada, I would rate the Irish performance the best of all the tier one nations in action this weekend. Clinical in attack and defence and looked the real deal. Worrying for the Ireland camp is that the second best performance of the tier one sides arguably belonged to France.
It will be a massive game no doubt about that.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)

(ssssshhh -- you're on an Australian site, and the fact that Ireland kicked more out of hand than any other team so far is offensive to some antipodean ideals. They also passed more and ran the most meters at 732, but that's beside the point.)

Status
Not open for further replies.