• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: FRA v ROM (Olympic Stadium) - Pool D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That and the fact he wasn't released by the tacklers in any case.

Romanian forwards good. But that 9 killed any chance they had. Hopeless.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Its so furstrating to watch the Romanian 9 take 2-3 steps before EVERY pass, he gives so much time for the defence to shoot out to the line.

Romania switch fly half, lets hope their back play will improve from 'disastrous' to anything else

You're right. And their backs play too deep.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yep, exactly right. France just play as well as they need to. Romania with the 44.5 start was the biggest certainty of the world cup.

Romania's forwards are pretty good. I was thinking while watching the replay that a combined tier 2 rep team would be competitive with any side.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
Hope you're wrong

Hope not ;)

You sound a bit bitter Cardiffblue, does that have anything to do with the memory of the last RWC semi-final ? Mind you, we played a cracking game against England in the quarters, and surely your assessment of a decent game in the final is a bit underwhelming.

But I agree, France has a frustrating habit of not being bothered to show up against the minnows. I can only dream of a game where we would put 60+ past the opposition, no matter how weak it would be.

Last night was tough to watch. Shown up in the rucks and in the LO, while I felt our scrum was hard done by Jaco on several occasions. Le Roux, Dulin and to a lesser extent Nyanga were the only standouts. Still worried about our wings: OK Guitoune scored a couple, but he also made a couple of really bad defensive reads, rushing out alone when there was absolutely no overlap; and Nakaitaci couldn't be bothered to tackle, missed 2 again. I believe that's where Ireland will be targeting us heavily.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hope not ;)

You sound a bit bitter Cardiffblue, does that have anything to do with the memory of the last RWC semi-final ?

But I agree, France has a frustrating habit of not being bothered to show up against the minnows.
Thanks. It's 4 taken years of therapy to get over that travesty in last World Cup. Fortunately the last four years have exposed the lie that France, despite the strength of its clubs have any idea at international level. I'm sorry but It's not just minnows that cause France to underperform. France has the worst coach and no clue.

Picamoles is one of the worlds best and apparently back to full form. He would walk into most sides. He has been consistently rubbish under psa. I'm not even sure when he went off last night. Can't remember when France had a decent outside half capable of releasing the backs. And in any case psa obsession with mindless hit ups has had them play fat bastard at centre.

They are in the easiest group and will no doubt qualify. I hope they improve. But their tack record indicates they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.