• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: FRA v ROM (Olympic Stadium) - Pool D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
France: 15 Brice Dulin, 14 Sofiane Guitoune, 13 Gaël Fickou, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Noa Nakaitaci, 10 Rémi Talès, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Fulgence Ouedraogo, 6 Yannick Nyanga, 5 Alexandre Flanquart, 4 Bernard le Roux, 3 Uini Atonio, 2 Dimitri Szarzewski (c), 1 Vincent Debaty
Replacements: 16 Benjamin Kayser, 17 Eddy Ben Arous, 18 Nicolas Mas, 19 Yoann Maestri, 20 Damien Chouly, 21 Rory Kockott, 22 Frédéric Michalak, 23 Mathieu Bastareaud.

Romania: 15 Catalin Fercu, 14 Madalin Lemnaru, 13 Paula Kinikinilau, 12 Florin Vlaicu, 11 Adrian Apostol, 10 Danut Dumbrava, 9 Florin Surugiu, 8 Mihai Macovei (c), 7 Viorel Lucaci, 6 Valentin Ursache, 5 Johan Van Heerden, 4 Valentin Poparlan, 3 Paulica Ion, 2 Otar Turashvili, 1 Mihaita Lazar
Replacements: 16 Andrei Radoi, 17 Andrei Ursache, 18 Horatiu Pungea, 19 Ovidiu Tonita, 20 Stelian Burcea, 21 Valentin Calafeteanu, 22 Ionut Botezatu, 23 Csaba Gal

Ref: Jaco Peyper
AR: Craig Joubert, Federico Anselmi
TMO: George Ayoub

France should have this easy, even if I find it odd that PSA has decided to start a backrower at 4 and our weaker tighthead prop at 3 against the Romanian scrum. Every journo reporting that this team is made up of second-stringers, not sure I agree about that. Apart from the tight 5 and maybe 10, most French supporters would like to see that backrow, halfback and backline start against Ireland.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yea true that. The scoreline might be different without it.
Parra and Dulin the best for me on that half, Fofana had about two touches and made as many breaks, they need to get the ball more for those guys

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Its so furstrating to watch the Romanian 9 take 2-3 steps before EVERY pass, he gives so much time for the defence to shoot out to the line.

Romania switch fly half, lets hope their back play will improve from 'disastrous' to anything else

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
ITV Commentator:

When the French machine is flowing, they're like a symphony. Right now they're more like an out-of-tune brass band.

*cue out-of-tune French brass band in the stands.*

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Its so furstrating to watch the Romanian 9 take 2-3 steps before EVERY pass, he gives so much time for the defence to shoot out to the line.

Romania switch fly half, lets hope their back play will improve from 'disastrous' to anything else

Was about to check whether Ruan Pienaar was playing, then I realised it cannot be him - he takes 5 to 6 steps.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Commentators on ITV having some brainfarts again. Calling that a triple movement because he "didn't have momentum any more".

Wonder if they've ever heard of placing the ball.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
They were inelegant In their analysis but right in their conclusion.
He is entitled to
Play the ball once in any direction: he played it twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Fofana grabs a nice inside ball from Dulin and wiggles his way through to the meat-line, kick succesful 31-6. 10 to go

Status
Not open for further replies.