• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: FIJ v WAL (Millenium): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Lacey was terrible but Fiji also have themselves to blame for continually losing the ball too easily in contact.

Losing the ball in contact -- some risky offloads, but that's Fijian rugby -- and they gave up a few penalties going off their feet at the breakdown.

But that scrum.....

G

galumay

Wales showing what a funny old thing the RWC is, they should have lost to the Orcs, and the Fijians should have run them down, somehow, improbably, decimated by injury, playing with huge heart & not much else, they top the pool at the moment, having won all their games!! Now they have 9 days to try to recover and then see if lightning can strike thrice! (accepting that beating Uraguay wasnt an upset!)

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
View attachment 6976 Absolutely incredible, tears down my face during the anthems
No matter how old or where you come from, the first time you hear the Welsh National Anthem sung at a full Arms Park will stay with you for the rest of your life. I would go so far as to call it one of the wonders of the world, far more moving than any mountain or lake. The pink cowboy boots leave a bit to be desired and Brains is filth but the Welsh can sing.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
No matter how old or where you come from, the first time you hear the Welsh National Anthem sung at a full Arms Park will stay with you for the rest of your life. I would go so far as to call it one of the wonders of the world, far more moving than any mountain or lake. The pink cowboy boots leave a bit to be desired and Brains is filth but the Welsh can sing.

That's poetry, plastic paddy. I completely agree. The best stadium, with the best atmosphere in the world.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wales showing what a funny old thing the RWC is, they should have lost to the Orcs, and the Fijians should have run them down, somehow, improbably, decimated by injury, playing with huge heart & not much else, they top the pool at the moment, having won all their games!! Now they have 9 days to try to recover and then see if lightning can strike thrice! (accepting that beating Uraguay wasnt an upset!)
Absolutely. We were rubbish against orcland and scraped past Fiji using what's left of the population apart from sheep. That's what's great about the rwc. Us minnows are allowed to play with the big boys but all the the winners are predetermined on reputation. Let's see if the blind luck that got us through those games can last. Plucky old us!

Status
Not open for further replies.