• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
When it was tweeted last night it was McMahon, when it was published in the ARU site it was McCalman. The tweet had since been deleted.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
He'll stuggle. Pocock and Hooper may still be around when he's 30. He'd need to get in front of them both on and off the field.
No doubt every player needs luck and opportunity. But he's already forcing himself into the equation at 21, with both of those players around their peak.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
No doubt every player needs luck and opportunity. But he's already forcing himself into the equation at 21, with both of those players around their peak.

The playing equation. He hasn't actually captained anything yet, except one junior rep tour. Let's see if he wants to, and then how he goes at the Rebs if he does.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
The playing equation. He hasn't actually captained anything yet, except one junior rep team.
He's 21, that's hardly surprising.

To my initial statement I am much more likely to be incorrect than accurate. so much would need to fall into place but that's the fun in predictions. If I had said that Hooper or Pocock were future wallaby captains it wouldn't be much fun. I can't imagine many people earmarked Mumm as a future wallaby captain, though I bet they're all great guys to shoot the shit with.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

To my initial statement I am much more likely to be incorrect than accurate. so much would need to fall into place but that's the fun in predictions. If I had said that Hooper or Pocock were future wallaby captains it wouldn't be much fun. I can't imagine many people earmarked Mumm as a future wallaby captain, though I bet they're all great guys to shoot the shit with.
Funny thing is I don't think Hooper or Poey are great captains.. Bit like Smith wasn't. Ben Mowens been the best I've seen recently... Dunno about McMahon he could be.. Moore is good in that his just so respected. After him everyone's a gamble..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

It would certainly be fun! I'd love to see him surpass them both.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Australia needs this WC for the health of the code in the country. Argentina can win the WC in 2019, Australia needs this one.

What will be the future of the code without this WC? Against the powerful AFL, NRL and even the A-League.

The Australian rugby has much to gain in these 2 games. It could be a new impetus for the code in the country.

The other semifinalists not have much to lose in the long term. In NZ, Union is the dominant code by far. In SA is the second most popular sport and in Argentina the code grows like never before.

In Australia the situation is very different, the code struggles to survive.

Flanking Eagle

Bob McCowan (2)
Well, either the Bokke needed to win the QF or NZ needed to smash it. I reckon coming that close will just get the ABs fired up.

Anyway, first things first - need to take care of Argentina

Scotty

David Codey (61)
He'll stuggle, with the logjam in front of him. Pocock and Hooper might still be around when he's 30. We forget how young they are.

Yeah. We could say the same about Gill, who has captain written all over him (and has leadership experience). But there is a good chance he won't ever make the wallabies on a consistent basis.

Happy for him to captain the Reds though.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I reckon that will take quite a lot out of them. They had to dig deep there. Every team so far has struggled after their big one.

Yes but their next game is the World Cup final. I don't think they'll have too much problems getting up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.