• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2015 Semi Final 2 - Australia v Argentina Twickenham, Monday 19 October, 2:45 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Just created this for the facebook page.

Wallabies by 11.

Good luck to myself and all others relying on alarms.
12106800_10153716644484282_7487616082923592438_n.jpg

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
The Wallabies have a double challenge in my opinion - ideally take a firm lead as early as possible into the match, and then try to not allow the remainder of the game to become too sapping - I fear the truth is that the Argies will still be throwing everything at them into the 80th minutes - or worse, we are forced to play catch-up....

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It's important not to get too cute today. Just throw all the ammunition possible at Argentina and try and win the game convincingly. Let next week take care of itself.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
At one level I agree - however it is Tournament Rugby, and the whole Rationale of today's match, is earning the right to have a chance of Winning the Final - not just playing the final... It is an imperfect science, with no easy answers... todays match - much like yesterday's could easily have been, can become a pyrrhic victory...

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Defense, breakdown, set piece.........not necessarily in that order.

The tries will come if we take care of those areas.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I might even dare suggest that we should try additionally hard to win This One, as one scenario on the development of International Ruby would suggest that it may be some time before we walk this way again...

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
... at the moment, we are clearly in the top 4 - and arguably capable of winning it... NZ will probably never be much stronger than they currently are in comparison to the worlds Top 5 - but the South Africans can - and the English and Argentinians certainly will become stronger over the next decade and beyond...
The Irish, Welsh and Japanese are capable of doing the same, even if their rankings don't radically alter... Australia on the other hand, continues to balance its lack of funds against its creaky domestic structure - and competition from more professional rival codes...

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Not suggesting its all doom and gloom, only that even as we develop, the question remains whether we can keep pace with the improvements internationally... World Cup Semis, Finals and Titles may become increasingly hard for us to come by...

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
. at the moment, we are clearly in the top 4 - and arguably capable of winning it. NZ will probably never be much stronger than they currently are in comparison to the worlds Top 5 - but the South Africans can - and the English and Argentinians certainly will become stronger over the next decade and beyond.
The Irish, Welsh and Japanese are capable of doing the same, even if their rankings don't radically alter. Australia on the other hand, continues to balance its lack of funds against its creaky domestic structure - and competition from more professional rival codes.

I think all the nations face similar (or greater) challenges.

Ours are relatively easily corrected. There's no rule that says our structures have to be creaky, or that rugby has to be less professional than other sports. Those are choices.

Europe's problems with clubs are far more deeply rooted. South Africa's rugby is deeply intertwined with activist domestic politics. Argentina's economy won't support professional teams. Those are really hard problems to solve.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
It is time for Israel to step forward and begin to show the kind of form that identifies him as one of the World's best - A Total Class Act, I don't want him to leave this World Cup, wondering....

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Kuridrani and Folau should play at their best level. They still didn't in this WC. We need strong ball carriers today

Status
Not open for further replies.