• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - SF Pick the Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Time for the Balls on the Line for the Semis:

One thread to make it easy. The teams are in the process of being being patched up after the battles of the last 36 hours.

Team announcements are expected on Thursday for most as the sick, lame, and lazy are being patched up and reassessed for fitness.

The purpose of this thread is to consolidate all our wild arse predictions on one thread.

A couple of "RULES"
Rule 1. Please resist the temptation to justify your picks in long diatribes, there are threads already established for you to wang on at whatever length you desire about who is going to win and why, use them. Max of two sentences per SF.

Rule 2. Please resist the temptation to bag the bejesus out of another posters tips. Especially before the scores are actually known. Humble pie does not taste too nice. Again take the debate to the respective SF threads.

Bragging Rights will be awarded to the most accurate prediction.

SF 1 WAL v FRA
SF 2 AUS v NZL

T

thedubs

Wales France - France. Really could go either way. I can see Wales winning by 5 in, then again I can see France doing something completely random and winning by 5-10. However if France get it wrong wales could destroy them.

NZ - Aus. Both seem very similar. Two of the best 7's in the world allowing them to compete for anything, two of the best backlines too. Might go Aus given NZ looked one dimensional in parts today. That said Australia had about 5 minutes of play today!

B

barrenjoey

Wales 15-8
Aus-NZ no idea, lets say Aus by 2 in extra time !

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Wales 27 - 13 France with Parra a
Wales playing so well as a team and France will struggle to get outside that defense with Parra at 10.

NZ 13 - 24 Australia
NZ attack completely blunted by a kid at 10 who hasn't been in camp all year. Wallabies will win as NZ fail to get going in front of yet another dreadful home crowd who'll prove as no inspiration for their team. NZ crowds must be unique in the game; they suck the life out of their team if things aren't going well

J

Jumpers

Far too early to make this call. I'm waiting for an update on injuries and team selections before picking the results. I will admit though both teams took big hits especially the Wallabies who looked out on their feet. The ABs will welcome back both Dagg and Kahui into their ranks which is a Plus here. Cruden appears to be the only real choice left 1/5 as the Abs just need a distributor of the ball.
This semi promises to be a CRACKER!!!

B

Buckhard

France by 8
All Blacks by 2
Just to set up a repeat of the 1987 final

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I hereby defer my prediction until later in the week (can I do that?)

Fair Call. I think most of us are holding off until we see the injury list and teams named.

Just have to have a time stamp on your post that is 1 second before kick off and it will be counted.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
right yur goes. after last week's picking fiasco (got the teams right, mind).

Cymru by 12
Seland Newydd by 12

Status
Not open for further replies.