• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - It only hurts when I laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Use this thread to list injuries during the RWC - and folks can even start off by listing which country is missing which players before the squads were picked - or since.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Ireland – the injury to hardman David Wallace in the last trial game was a cruel blow to Ireland and to this Lion, who is also the brother of 2 other Lions. He is a 7 that we don't see in Oz or NZ: a counter-rucker rather than a fetcher - and a ball runner: more like a number 8. who packs down on the openside of the scrum. His place is taken by Jennings, a more conventional 7 by our reckoning but not half the player. Indeed he will not make the starting XV against Oz.

In other news: 12. Gordon D'Arcy (groin), 15. Rob Kearney (groin) and 6. O'Brien (knee) should be fit for the opening game against the USA – and SOB could take Wallace's spot at 7.

1. Healy will probably miss the first game after after damaging his eye socket in the last trial.

Wales - 10. Stephen Jones and 6/8 Ryan Jones may both be ready to play against the Boks in the opening game. R. Jones is more likely but S. Jones hasn't played since limping off in the 1st trial game and will probably play off the bench, at best. 1. G. Jenkins is long odds to play against the Boks as he hasn't played since the beginning of the year.

Springboks
- Schalk should be available for the Wales game but could play from the bench.

France - Winger Palisson has torn his psoas, which is worth looking up. I have to remember that word for Scrabble. Utility Traille (knee) has returned to training but may not play in the first game. 12. Mermoz, who twisted his knee in the last trial game, is no chance to play in the first match against Japan.

U

undercoverkiwi

Lewis Moody to miss England's opener against Argentina, but that was pretty much expected.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Looks like B Botha and V Matfield wont play against Wales. Ankle and hamstring respectively.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Excellent news for Wales that. Their locks AWJ and Davies have always promised much but not delivered a lot; so this news will be some relief.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
France - Winger Palisson has torn his psoas, which is worth looking up. I have to remember that word for Scrabble.

psoas_image.jpg

I don't know how you tear that but I imagine it's painful.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
Lee save your S's there to valuable to waste. I'm pretty sure I tore a psoas on a nurse one night, it was a major.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Excellent news for Wales that. Their locks AWJ and Davies have always promised much but not delivered a lot; so this news will be some relief.

Looks like Matfield will be fine. He trained separately. Danie will step up to cover Bakkies.

Botha sounds more serious.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks like Matfield will be fine. He trained separately. Danie will step up to cover Bakkies.

Botha sounds more serious.

That'll suit Roussow just fine, get's to play his real position.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Cueto is out of the match against Argentina with a back strain but it's not serious enough to send him home.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Ireland's LHP Cian Healey, who suffered damage to his eye socket in the last trial match, will miss the first game of the RWC v. the USA. He should be OK for the next game v. Oz.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Ryan Jones of Wales has apparently strained his calf again and could be out of the RWC. This may seem to give a chance to Gareth Delve - but the thing is that Jones, usually a 6 or and 8, was in the squad also as the 4th lock, a position he has played before for his country. Wales had to save one space in their squad because they had to take a 5th prop with them in case their star LHP, Gethin Jenkins, couldn't play for the first couple of weeks.

Therefore they may replace Ryan Jones with somebody else who can play 6 and lock instead of Delve. You never know - they could pull the pin on Jenkins also which could increase the chances of Delve flying over. Looks like they could do with some big match players and Delve looks like one of them.

Contepomi of Argentina appeared very dusty when he went off and could be out for a while, especially if it's a rib cartilage problem. He has to be fit for the Scotland game on Sep. 25th otherwise it could be the end of the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.