• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rugby World Cup 2023

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If both Aus and NZ got knocked out in the pools, what's our qualification pathway for 2027?

Neither team should finish below 3rd in any circumstance and would automatically qualify, and the WOBs would automatically qualify as hosts.

For theory crafting purposes, I'd imagine that if both NZ and Aus miss then the results from fixtures across the first two seasons of the RC would be taken as the qualifier for OCE 1.

Then, if Samoa finished 3rd ahead of Japan, the "loser" probably plays a double legged playoff against Tonga for OCE 2, and the loser of that match plays off against a qualifier team from the rest of the pacific for OCE 3. The loser of that would go onto the repêchage (either directly or via a qualifier against an Asian team).

If Samoa failed to qualify, it probably becomes a 4 team pool with Samoa, Tonga, the loser and the Qualifier, with top 3 qualifying.

Yes RWC qualifying is joke designed for the establishment teams to get through as comfortably as possible.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Kind of hope both Aus and NZ get knocked out in pool play, just to see the incendiary seethe generated.

Oh, hello, GAGR seems to have a sudden deluge of crowing gloating new signups with IP's located in the UK.....

tbf I don't think Robertson would mind having to suffer the ignominy of having to break dance in Fiji, Samoa, and wherever the fuck else they'd have to go on their jolly rugby genocidal jaunt around the Islands.

> What's that bro? Lose this match against *checks notes* the Cook Islands, and I have to go to a winner-takes-all repechage match in Portugal? In July?
> 3/5ths of a femtosecond later.
> Right cnts. Listen up. Today is opposite day. Again. All you noodly outside backs are packing down in the front row, while you fat wobbly fucks can do your worst Lomu impersonations. Remember, just like in Samoa, drop goals are worth five points today, so always try them on at every possible opportunity. Questions? No? Good. I'm going surfing but if I get back this evening and find you bastards have inadvertently won this test match then so help me god I will live stream it as I break-dance on your mothers grave.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Why's it any bigger than France v NZ? Ireland v Scotland is more interesting for me. Actually do or die. Same goes for Fiji v Georgia and Wales v Georgia.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Why's it any bigger than France v NZ? Ireland v Scotland is more interesting for me. Actually do or die. Same goes for Fiji v Georgia and Wales v Georgia.
Because NZ don't seem like they are really in with a shot this time round.

Linerunner2023

Bill Watson (15)
Because NZ don't seem like they are really in with a shot this time round.
Gees quick to right off NZ
Remember SA lost a pool game in 2019 and then won it! Mind you they had an easy QF And SF to make it
Of Nz get to play a rugby game on their terms not many will hold it against them
They dominated the rugby champs easily defeating SA
If they have their full squad I’ll be saying they are still favs

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Gees quick to right off NZ
Remember SA lost a pool game in 2019 and then won it! Mind you they had an easy QF And SF to make it
Of Nz get to play a rugby game on their terms not many will hold it against them
They dominated the rugby champs easily defeating SA
If they have their full squad I’ll be saying they are still favs
You'd be wrong.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
History has them bowing out in the quarters. Given they will be playing either NZ or France there is a fair chance it will happen again.
The only trouble with history, it's just that, I don't think Irish have ever been ranked No 1 in world before so history already out the window.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to say I not sure if it age or what, but I not getting into the WC as much as normal this time around. I usually watch almost every game regardless who is playing, this time I have just really watched main games of the week, and hardly even bothered with highlight packages.
I not sure if it because I getting older or what, but might be being back home etc, and I actually watch a lot more NPC games, just seems less bullshit, just enjoy watching teams play wiyhout all the TMO stuff, and having every detail examined by everyone.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Have to say I not sure if it age or what, but I not getting into the WC as much as normal this time around. I usually watch almost every game regardless who is playing, this time I have just really watched main games of the week, and hardly even bothered with highlight packages.
I not sure if it because I getting older or what, but might be being back home etc, and I actually watch a lot more NPC games, just seems less bullshit, just enjoy watching teams play wiyhout all the TMO stuff, and having every detail examined by everyone.

Living in Brisbane, you wouldn't even know the Rugby World Cup was being played. First time I've that I've literally had barely anyone mention it to me.

Lions and Broncos playing in Brissy this Saturday for a spot in their Grand Finals. Wallabies copping a loss to Fiji. Club rugby season done and dusted. Rugby essentially doesn't exist around here at the moment.

Obviously the time zone is an absolute shit for everyone here as well, which hurts.